RTX guide point gps - The Combine Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
RTX guide point gps

Been told this is the answer for my Steiger and will help the sectional control our being precise, looking for better swath to swath control, and better over night accuracy, it's been not the best with WASS..

Anyone tried this out and your thoughts, how will sectional control work for head lands.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
I have used RTX on a NH sprayer for two years, its been very good, close to actual RTK. I don't enjoy the subscription price.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2486 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bussard View Post
Been told this is the answer for my Steiger and will help the sectional control our being precise, looking for better swath to swath control, and better over night accuracy, it's been not the best with WASS..

Anyone tried this out and your thoughts, how will sectional control work for head lands.. Thanks
This will tell you exactly

https://idus.us.es/xmlui/bitstream/h...pdf?sequence=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
So can I use Rtx guide on the tractor, sprayer, combine, are will I need three seperate subscriptions.. I'm trying it on the new case tank this year so not after any misses

How are guys doing headlands with sectional control on drill? Is there a better way to do this!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
The subscription price is brutal but I don’t know what else to do across 60 miles with very bad cell service in a large area of it. Considering biting the bullet on 3 seperate base stations

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
It works great using it on a T9.560 and Morris 550 sectional control drill.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 06:59 PM

For guys set up with base stations, how do you find the hardware lasts? Ever need to replace anything, or is there something that needs to be replaced regularly?

And most importantly, how does a base station work in very rolly land? Everything says line of sight and I just dont hardly see how thats practical anywhere but obviously some people are making it work.

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 07:29 PM

Also, does anyone know the difference between these ‘joey’ 900mhz radios that I see guys talking about adding to their antennas and the one that RME wants to sell me for 4200 bucks?

Any inquiries-
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 1204 Post(s)
We cover about 35 miles with one station that's in a central location with Trimble 900mhz radio's and an amplifier/ big gain antenna. (not quite kosher)

It's pushing 10 years and it's been flawless. RTX keeps your initial investment down but in the long run your cost is less with RTK especially if your running a gaggle of rover's. We're up to 15 unlocked to RTK and there's no subscription bill in the mail.

Also if your ever considering ditching or other earth works RTK is mandatory so that's another consideration and was the driver for us and the initial investment that's paid back big time through the wet years.
Jmjperformance likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
We cover about 35 miles with one station that's in a central location with Trimble 900mhz radio's and an amplifier/ big gain antenna. (not quite kosher)

It's pushing 10 years and it's been flawless. RTX keeps your initial investment down but in the long run your cost is less with RTK especially if your running a gaggle of rover's. We're up to 15 unlocked to RTK and there's no subscription bill in the mail.

Also if your ever considering ditching or other earth works RTK is mandatory so that's another consideration and was the driver for us and the initial investment that's paid back big time through the wet years.
Do you use any repeaters in your set up?

Any inquiries-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page