17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoth View Post
Discovering this as well. Am not happy about it. Urea sulphate blend
Are any of you guys using oil coolers on your fan intakes? If you warm that air up BEFORE it comes into contact with fert it will very much reduce the amount of problems. Works in OZ anyway and theres now a manufacturer selling the idea in NA.

lanwickum and BoSoT like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Barn
Yes there are lots of those around here too. It probably helps. I’ve been using the same blend for years without anything like this happening and there was a lot of guys having problems last year too. The thing that bothers me the most is that the fertlizer company claims that there is nothing they can do and it’s not thier problem after it leaves thier facility. They are burying thier heads in the sand cause there’s other products out there.

1967 Case 930 Comfort King with spin on filters and square fenders.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Is it just because the urea and sulfur are mixed together that's causing this? We put urea down with one drill and never have anything like this and I put the sulfur down while seeding in it's own air stream with nothing like this either. We pick it up right from the dealer too so that maybe helps.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoth View Post
Discovering this as well. Am not happy about it. Urea sulphate blend
Thatís what ours looks like too just different brand of drill

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Im putting down 20-0-0-24 along with 46-0-0 through my MRB and phos with the seed never had a problem. I use to blend my sulfur and nitrogen and had a real wreck a couple years ago when it wouldn't come out of the bins and had to drill from the top down to get it out now I only store my 46 and phos for the winter and pick up the sulfur as I need it.
Highmarker likes this.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Is it just because the urea and sulfur are mixed together that's causing this? We put urea down with one drill and never have anything like this and I put the sulfur down while seeding in it's own air stream with nothing like this either. We pick it up right from the dealer too so that maybe helps.
Yes. It is the sulpher combining with the blend (mostly urea i'm guessin). Combine it with the right conditions, usually humidity and it becomes that brown looking paste that Remoth posted a picture of. I had the exact same thing with my drill 2 years running with canola blends.

The fertilizer retailer will say they haven't seen it before, and your the only guy having issues.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Barn
I still wonder about the phosphorus being partly the problem because the caked up stuck on stuff is all mostly brown particles. Is this happening at all with just 46 and 20-0-0-24?
Or is just when all 3 products are blended

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Barn
This is after 100 acres the sensor is totally covered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6A070CA7-DF90-4C9A-92D4-2C6E21470B35.jpeg (1.97 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg 48A5C94C-87DC-46DE-B87C-4A4CF2F31AF3.jpeg (2.43 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg F961EF46-60E5-4A6F-B77F-19769D73D701.jpeg (3.04 MB, 11 views)

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 12:18 AM

Location: NW of Don about an hr - by car. West Central Alberta.
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Be careful and make sure you get an analysis on that terrible biosul stuff as there seems to be people who do not think it works - lol. However, it sure is nice not to deal with drill issues in the Spring as Phosphate/potash of any color does not seem to cause problems - unless it has rocks in it that get by your screen. In fact, even if it sends the anti-tillage Nazis take off on a rant my life is so much easier/economical incorporating most fertilizer in late Fall with one of those nasty vertical tillage things and is it ever nice to seed/plant into in the Spring. Fighting with MRBs and many times more fert fills/issues when it great seeding conditions really is frustrating. Year 2 with planter for canola with only the "bad" liquid phos down with very little seed(into land with biosul yr 2 and 3) and did that ever happen in a hurry - I am sure it will be a bad crop.

I do not see it mentioned, but would be curious if people using that s15 stuff in canola blends are having any issues with? I would think not, but may be good to know in future.
Highmarker likes this.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
The amonium sulfate is horrible this year. We are being told that the amonium sulfate out of the States that came to Western Canada had high humidity or moisture levels. It seems worse with the phosphorus that is tan rather than like black rocks. We had lots of problems and am glad I am done applying the sulfur blends for this season.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page