Bad Fertilizer Gumming up Drill - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 12:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Spreading tiger 90 in the fall, and using some s15 with seed until I know and trust my sulphur levels are good. S15 has always been problem free for any caking. Acts like 11-52 as far as handling.

drylandfarmer and brazil08 like this.

Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmarker View Post
I still wonder about the phosphorus being partly the problem because the caked up stuck on stuff is all mostly brown particles. Is this happening at all with just 46 and 20-0-0-24?
Or is just when all 3 products are blended
I did not have any phosphorus in my blend. Just urea and sulphur. Chunks were breaking off today from somewhere in the line big enough to plug at the bottom of the manifolds... only 145 ac left.... please be gentle...

I had spilled a little of the blend on the top of the cart last night. Came back in the morning and it was literally sitting in a puddle of water, and it hasnt rained in 4 days. ( 3mm but better than nothing!)

drylandfarmer likes this.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Why do you guys give that high sulpher. Nothing in the soil, or just aiming for high yields?

Nou wat nou?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
I think it's just simply high moisture content in the fert that they sold you, moving with augers or sitting still, it's no big deal, but once it gets moving with forced air, it breaks down.
If seeding conditions are dry, there is nothing else it can be, simply moisture.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 02:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi962 View Post
I think it's just simply high moisture content in the fert that they sold you, moving with augers or sitting still, it's no big deal, but once it gets moving with forced air, it breaks down.
If seeding conditions are dry, there is nothing else it can be, simply moisture.
Wrong.

Its the sulpher, trust me.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Floater

Everyone call their local custom floater and get AMS Fines spread in the fall. You will never deal with this problem again.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 08:50 AM

Location: NW of Don about an hr - by car. West Central Alberta.
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
I will actually be getting some AMS floated on some stuff(no biosul) in early June. Have checked with multiple retailers in this area(central AB) and never seem to see any available. What part of AB are you from and what kind of quotations have you seen?
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
We are having the same issue, we'll do 60 acres and the towers are plugging and our 10" load auger on our air tank has about 3/4 of inch of the brown stuff caked on the flighting. How do you get it clean?
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgreen View Post
We are having the same issue, we'll do 60 acres and the towers are plugging and our 10" load auger on our air tank has about 3/4 of inch of the brown stuff caked on the flighting. How do you get it clean?
Water.
Get a 2' pump, put it in your auger hopper then run your auger as fast as you need to move the water out the end. About 10 minutes should do it.

Towers: I stuffed a 2" hose at the back of the manifold and pumped away. Just run air through it for a bit after you are done to dry it out.
hondaman likes this.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Imgreen I washed my auger out the other night. It took about a half hour of filling the hopper and running it agled up at about 45 degree so the water would turn in there a lot before it got spit out. I can not believe how clean it was when I was done. I also took out the meters and cleaned all the chunks around them. If your auger is bad I Would clean it at the end of the day and let it dry over night. The chunks that let loose as you auger runs are a killer for plugging hoses and boots.

chance2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page