CIH 4440 Pro 700 acres wrong HELP!!! - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Littletimeoperator

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
CIH 4440 Pro 700 acres wrong HELP!!!

I've just had a Pro 700 ( replaced Viper Pro) installed in a 2016 CIH 4440 sprayer, 120' boom, with AIM Command Pro the machine seems to be applying the correct amount of product when I spray full 1/2 sections, but the acres being recorded by the monitor will only show around 300 and should be 320. Also I fill the tank to 1250 gallons, set my rate in the pro 700 and the tank consitantly runs out of water when the monitor has 120 gallons remaining. We have done the speed calculations according to CIH dealer and when we drive down a full mile we should be doing aprox 14.4 acres but the pro 700 only measures about 12.9 acres. We have checked and double checked boom width, speed cal, flow meter cal, and can not figure out what is going on? It is like the calculation somewhere within the monitor is not calculating acres properly and therefore throwing the monitor out of sync with what is actually happening.
Any suggestion greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

After trying many different things and lots of notes I had another conversation with Case IH dealer, we figured it out. Turns out there is a glitch in the soft ware of the latest software in the Pro 700. The older versions were ok but after updates sprayers can be out on acres and volume by 12 - 20%. What we had to do is go into the settings and turn off the fence row nozzles, they still will spray when switched on just won’t show on the Pro 700. Seems to have fixed the problem.
I’m answering my own question in case there is someone else struggling with 12 -20 % discrepancy. Case IH after digging through bulletins said it is a “known problem”.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR1 View Post
After trying many different things and lots of notes I had another conversation with Case IH dealer, we figured it out. Turns out there is a glitch in the soft ware of the latest software in the Pro 700. The older versions were ok but after updates sprayers can be out on acres and volume by 12 - 20%. What we had to do is go into the settings and turn off the fence row nozzles, they still will spray when switched on just won’t show on the Pro 700. Seems to have fixed the problem.
I’m answering my own question in case there is someone else struggling with 12 -20 % discrepancy. Case IH after digging through bulletins said it is a “known problem”.

Yup. Fought with same thing all spring. Tech spent 10 hrs with with it Changed flowmeter, did all the distance calls and flow tests and nothing fixed it. Wiped monitors and started from scratch. Still way out. We had so many sloughs compared to normal after a very quick melt I really couldn't compare to known acres. Super frustrating and upped chemical rates to compensate in case it was underapplying. Finally got a call from dealer towards end of seeding saying to try turning off fence row nozzles on monitor (we weren't actually spraying with them but its a option somewhere in the toolbox). Problem solved. Silly little things like this that a guy would never find on his own.....ughhhhhhh
STR1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:17 AM
TheCombineForum Forum Sponsor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Barn
I literally had a comment started along the lines of "That seems like it might be about the same amount of volume that might have been sprayed with the fence row nozzles on all the time....make sure they aren't bugging out"

That was the only thing I could think of, as you had all the spray swath entered and checked, but I felt darn silly to suggest to double check you werent spraying with your fencerow nozzles on all the time.

Glad you got it figured out.

Better Engineered Sprayer Parts for Over 35 Years
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

In the new software when the machine is spraying and fence rows are activated in screen (only) it always assumed they were spraying even though they aren’t. Thanks for replying.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Different topic/question, when tank is empty my monitor will still show anywhere from 30-80 gallons left this has happened for most of the year, any suggestions to why this is happening?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEEMAN View Post
Different topic/question, when tank is empty my monitor will still show anywhere from 30-80 gallons left this has happened for most of the year, any suggestions to why this is happening?

Try adjusting your flow meter cal number down in increments of 5-10 and spray a tank out. Might take a few tanks but you should be able to get it within 0-5gal on monitor and being truly empty.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletimeoperator View Post
Try adjusting your flow meter cal number down in increments of 5-10 and spray a tank out. Might take a few tanks but you should be able to get it within 0-5gal on monitor and being truly empty.
Thx I will try that!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page