Small nh3 lines frosting up - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I'm using 1/4" lines on my drill with a aNH3 system with a pump and my lines do not frost up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
The lines are 1/4" OD and 0.170"ID.
12" spacing and 33' wide. It isnt the thick frost like the larger lines and disappears in minutes when I stop (+4C).

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You have the right lines for your toolbar and nicely balanced with 3 - 11 port manifolds. Yes, you may see a bit of frosting at times but shouldn’t be of much significance. At least that’s the case with my Raven. Unless Micro-trac is doing something different.

I would recommend going smaller than 1” on your 3 primary lines though. Especially if your doing variable rate NH3. Much quicker response time. Don’t be fooled because your rate controller shows you your increased or decreased rate quickly. It’s only showing you what it’s adding into your already fully charged lines. Your guages from your toolbar will tell the real story. With 11’ per section, id say even 3/4” are to big. 5/8” would be about right and would get you to about 110 lb at 6 mph. 1/2” would get you to about 85 - 90 at 6 mph.

wheatking likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkfarmer View Post
The lines are 1/4" OD and 0.170"ID.
12" spacing and 33' wide. It isnt the thick frost like the larger lines and disappears in minutes when I stop (+4C).

Thanks
You have the right lines for your toolbar and nicely balanced with 3 - 11 port manifolds. Yes, you may see a bit of frosting at times but shouldnít be of much significance. At least thatís the case with my Raven. Unless Micro-trac is doing something different.

I would recommend going smaller than 1Ē on your 3 primary lines though. Especially if your doing variable rate NH3. Much quicker response time. Donít be fooled because your rate controller shows you your increased or decreased rate quickly. Itís only showing you what itís adding into your already fully charged lines. Your guages from your toolbar will tell the real story. With 11í per section, id say even 3/4Ē are to big. 5/8Ē would be about right and would get you to about 110 lb at 6 mph. 1/2Ē would get you to about 85 - 90 at 6 mph.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I understand why the lines frost but didn't understand why some guys say frost and some say no frost with the smaller lines.
I will look at getting fittings and 5/8 hose today. The small lines sure clean everything up and route nicely.
Again, thanks for your useful and informative response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronski View Post
I switched from 3/8" id lines to 1/4" lines yesterday hoping to reduce stop start times and the old lines were shakey at best.

The internet (and MaxQuip, good guys by the way) says small lines only frost up when they are plugged.

Mine are frosted after the first 10 minutes from the secondary manifold outlets down at 110 lbs actual. I lifted out and there is a lot of liquid and a fair vapour out of the openers.
I switched fields and dropped rate to 80 lbs actual and now frost is from primary 3-way splitter all the way to the ground.

I have a 3-run contintal splitter and 3- 11 run mvd continetal secondary manifolds. Running a micro-trak nh3500 cooler and it has frost on the bottom like the manual says it should?

Just not sure as I (and maxquip) thought there would be no frost on lines at all unless they were plugged?

The primary has 3- 1" lines feeding the secondaries. Would it help if I reduced them to 3/4"?

I just shut down as a tire rubbed through a 1" line because I screwed up replumbing the lines so I'm having a beer and may be thinking to much.

With a proper system where should the frost be?

Thanks
Everything is correct that you have there, it is a humidity and colder than SIN issue. When temps get warmer it will go away but at say a smaller rate it might show a bit.

Yes the Pump would be 100% frost free all the time as we are compressing it all the way down to the opener.

Brent
Jake676 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page