LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAW896 View Post
Local farmer is starting a class action lawsuit and has a contact for a fraud case with the rcmp. PM if you need details

Who would be the suit against that has money?
Ummm...vaguely put PAG

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:07 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4479 Post(s)
Quote:
Ummm...vaguely put PAG
Yes, definitely too vague...for me.

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Even at only 50,000 each itís over 4 mil.
My PAG sales guy told me over $3.7m in pre-pays, not sure if that was both locations or only Calmar.
GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Did any of the pre buy guys get their canola seed? Or did the pre bought canola seed not even get delivered to the dealer? You would think that if the owner was having financial difficulties that the suppliers wouldn’t supply him with product. This couldn’t of happened overnight.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Quote:
Ummm...vaguely put PAG

But aren't they broke?

What a horrible situation. There were about 10 of us here in AB / SK that were going to sue a broker a few years ago. Took in loads of barley to pay for previously loads of barley and eventually just declared bankruptcy. Some of us were out 2 up to 15 btrains of barley - delivered but not paid for. While we certainly could sue - and it was going to be very expensive, you can't get blood from a stone. Couldn't personally sue the dude either even though he owned major property in BC. In the end no one got anything. Lawyers fees on top of it all wouldn't help anyone but the lawyers.

But if PAG still has lots of money somewhere......
kevlar likes this.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Unfortunately there seems to be laws set up to protect people/businesses that do this. The owners won't be out a cent of their personal wealth and will still have a house to go home to, but the poor guys who pre-bought could lose everything. I really feel for you guys who are out your money, it really stings. I wish you the best.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
I would be furious if it happened to me. It is one thing to go bankrupt, but to know so and be taking peoples money knowing full well you were stealing it, should be lynched by sunset.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Quote:
Ummm...vaguely put PAG

But aren't they broke?

What a horrible situation. There were about 10 of us here in AB / SK that were going to sue a broker a few years ago. Took in loads of barley to pay for previously loads of barley and eventually just declared bankruptcy. Some of us were out 2 up to 15 btrains of barley - delivered but not paid for. While we certainly could sue - and it was going to be very expensive, you can't get blood from a stone. Couldn't personally sue the dude either even though he owned major property in BC. In the end no one got anything. Lawyers fees on top of it all wouldn't help anyone but the lawyers.

But if PAG still has lots of money somewhere......
You have to sue for fraud, not breach of contract or negligence. This is so you can obtain a judgement that will survive bankruptcy.
In a case involving a corporation, you sue the individual/s. You then seek a declaration that the corporate veil is pierced, which would make the judgement valid against the individual for the loss claimed.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Well,,some news, the owner Harold phoned me yesterday,said he's working" on still selling the assest to pay back us farmers" that trusted him with our prepay.....he said" he could declare bankruptcy but didn't want to do that" ..he wanted to sell and pay us back..he also told me" to go and buy more fert for this year"...What a kick in the teeth !!!!
Just what i was told.....and we wait. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WTF
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
These deals never end well. Scares a person when we trust those we deal with when things go to ****. This deal reminds me of a local cattle feeder coop that went down cause of a certain individual who was given too much control and everyone turned a blind eye to the incompetence and fraud that was going on. When it shook out a lot of people were out lots and the guy got off with nothing. It broke a few guys and put some on the edge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page