Performance Ag Group.. - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Performance Ag Group..

Anyone have any news , and is anyone organizing to see what we can get back?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
So is it true that they swindled pre-purchased buyers of fertilizer?
I heard yesterday from a neighbor but didnt want to throw coffee shop talk on a forum

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Anyone have any news , and is anyone organizing to see what we can get back?
Here's all I know so far.

I talked to a gentleman at FCC on Thursday. He said their legal team is looking into what is left outstanding on the pre pay accounts and what FCC can do about it. Not sure they can do much as it would all be unsecured credit.

There is no product in the bins as CMN was verifying inventory and for some reason hauled all the fertilizer to another facility to weigh it and never brought it back. Not sure what the story on that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAW896 View Post
So is it true that they swindled pre-purchased buyers of fertilizer?
I heard yesterday from a neighbor but didnt want to throw coffee shop talk on a forum
Yep they have. And any pre purchased seed or chem also. Myself and a lot of friends and neighbours have been taken. Some are out all their fert and canola seed. Luckily we had most of our fertilizer delivered in March or we'd be in a way worse situation.

Definitely couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:43 PM

That is terrible news. I have heard some guys are out of alot of money. Did the owners shut the doors or is it in receivership?
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Currently the Evansburg location is open, the farm store is operating. There is 0 crop input supplies there. A large amount of farm store inventory has been taken in lieu of crop inputs. Calmar is physically closed, nobody wants to be in the yard. No receiver has stepped in currently. The owner, Harold Zibell, still thinks he can salvage the business and sell it to a new party. One employee, possibly more, have been implicated but not confirmed, to be involved with the whole financial situation. As of today, no crop input products are available out of Calmar, or if there is still inventory in the sheds, it cannot be released. The bins are all empty. Supposedly the CMN deal would have bailed out the ownership, forego business ownership to clear up a large amount of debt, and customers would still receive product, everybody would be oblivious. However some financials were kept quiet and undisclosed, which gave probable cause to CMN to terminate the deal. There is many stories and a lot of unconfirmed information, none of which add up to one consistent version. The only known fact right now is multiple millions of dollars of customer pre-buy is unavailable to return to customers, and there is no product backing those dollars to release to customers.

And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise, and said "I need a caretaker." So God made a farmer.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 02:51 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4671 Post(s)
I realize this is a local thread but what is CMN?
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 04:10 PM

CMN is Crop Management Network. Its an independant Ag retailer
https://www.cropmanagement.com/announcement/
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2875 Post(s)
That really stinks, hopefully things can get resolved although it probably won't happen overnight.

I just picked up the last of my pre-paid inputs last week, stories like this makes a guy wonder. These input dealers make a big fuss about checking up on farmers credit worthiness(which isn't necessarily bad), but yet we have no info on them and there isn't a method to recover recent cash pre-pays made by farmers when something like this happens???

One thing I wonder is why is the bank first in line to collect whatever is left when they supposedly had access to the numbers all along and were charged with oversight of the business and the security of the debt? But the innocent farmer gets hung with the losses, how were they supposed to know? Seems a little backwards to me.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
One thing I wonder is why is the bank first in line to collect whatever is left

The banks control 338 people who work out of a big building in Ottawa.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
That really stinks, hopefully things can get resolved although it probably won't happen overnight.

I just picked up the last of my pre-paid inputs last week, stories like this makes a guy wonder. These input dealers make a big fuss about checking up on farmers credit worthiness(which isn't necessarily bad), but yet we have no info on them and there isn't a method to recover recent cash pre-pays made by farmers when something like this happens???

One thing I wonder is why is the bank first in line to collect whatever is left when they supposedly had access to the numbers all along and were charged with oversight of the business and the security of the debt? But the innocent farmer gets hung with the losses, how were they supposed to know? Seems a little backwards to me.
It's not right but we're basically just unsecured creditors. Any lending institution with a lien or mortgage is first in line and then we get what, if any is left. Probably be pennies on the dollar.

Here all the input suppliers deal with FCC, Scotiabank, etc for their customers credit. There's zero risk to them if a customer defaults.

Had a grain broker go bankrupt here several years ago. He didn't have enough bond to cover the amount outstanding and guys only got a small percentage of what was owing. I was very close to loosing a few loads of barley in that ordeal. This is a little bigger scale for sure.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in