Case 4260 patriot hdc - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi. I bought a new to me 2001 case 4260. Its houred up but the guy spent a lot of the money I didn't have to so I pulled the trigger. He replaced one hdc valve and was happy enough although he was told to replace both. My problem is once in a while when I pull the hydrostatic lever back it doesnt slow down. I have to keep fiddling with it till it does....usually from 12 mph to 0 instantly. Troubleshooted with his dealer and we think it's the other hdc valve sticking open. I haven't tried in the field or loaded, just around the yard. It wants to keep creeping ahead in neutral. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I just dont want to spend 3k on the valve if it not the problem. I'm going to try an oil additive that's supposed to help. I have no other history of the machine really.
Thanks

Last edited by Renslip; 05-24-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

I just took the sprayer down the road to warm up the oils so I can change them. I noticed that if I have the stick all the way ahead and dial turned up (doesnt matter to what speed) it will slow down to 12 mph when I pull back. But no more without playing a little. And if I dont push the stick all the way ahead it will slow down for me when I pull back . Is this a sign of a bad hdc or something else?
Sorry in advance if this post is hard to understand.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renslip View Post
I just took the sprayer down the road to warm up the oils so I can change them. I noticed that if I have the stick all the way ahead and dial turned up (doesnt matter to what speed) it will slow down to 12 mph when I pull back. But no more without playing a little. And if I dont push the stick all the way ahead it will slow down for me when I pull back . Is this a sign of a bad hdc or something else?
Sorry in advance if this post is hard to understand.
Almost sounds like it could be a linkage issue. Start with the simplest thing first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Is the hydro lever on the 4260 a mechanical link or is it a fly by wire handle like the 4430? If it's not a mechanical linkage to the hydraulic valves, it's possible the POT just needs to be changed under the console. And/or a re-calibration of the hydrostat handle.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Its not mechanical. It goes from the handle to another control (cant remember off the top of my head) to the hydraulic motors that run the wheels. I was told that control is more than the valve. I'll have to try calibrating it too.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Try calling another dealer and find someone that knows theses sprayers. I’d change the potetameter spelt something like that. That’s a cheaper option to start. Could try Jenner’s in Illinois. Very knowledgeable service guys there. Helpful too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
I'd definitely try to replace that potentiometer first, and then try a recalibration of the handle. You can search case's online parts store. I think the part number is BN325618. I'm not sure how it mounts under there, but it will have three wires coming off of it. Shouldn't be too expensive to start with. When you describe having to play with the speed lever, that seems to indicate a bad POT. They do get worn out over time.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

All right. Will try that out. Thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in