Hypro Pump on Spray Coupe 7660 - The Combine Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Hypro Pump on Spray Coupe 7660

So here's our issue we are having. When we spray Round Up WeatherMax, it foams like a bit#h. Like to the point that when we spray the tank out, it is literally right full of foam, so as soon as you start filling again, it bubbles up out the top. It only does this with Weathermax. On the pump, it has a small 1/4 inch inside diameter hose that goes from the top of the pump up to the top of the tank. It is constantly circulating fluid. Am I correct in thinking this is only there to bleed out any air from the pump when it is run empty? And would this be causing the foaming issues? It looks like the same pump on our old Flexicoil pull type and it just has a bleeder crew in the same hole. Could I put a valve on this so I could close it off when I don't need it or will that cause other issues? I know it's not the water because we use the same well as others that use it and they have no problems.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1070 Post(s)
The agitator is off for sure?

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
The agitator is off for sure?
Yes.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Rinse tank valve open slightly/ cracked with no water in rinse tank causing air to be drawn in? Pump seal leaking air in? I’m spitballing but I’ve had both happen to me.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Hmm, never even thought of the rinse tank.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Wesselingh View Post
Rinse tank valve open slightly/ cracked with no water in rinse tank causing air to be drawn in? Pump seal leaking air in? Iím spitballing but Iíve had both happen to me.

Yep, Iíve had the rinse valve open issue, it was operator error. Me. Transorb really foams up too.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Wesselingh View Post
Rinse tank valve open slightly/ cracked with no water in rinse tank causing air to be drawn in? Pump seal leaking air in? Iím spitballing but Iíve had both happen to me.
How would you know if the pump seal was leaking air in? Have had them leak before but water ran out.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:07 AM
crw

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
So here's our issue we are having. When we spray Round Up WeatherMax, it foams like a bit#h. Like to the point that when we spray the tank out, it is literally right full of foam, so as soon as you start filling again, it bubbles up out the top. It only does this with Weathermax. On the pump, it has a small 1/4 inch inside diameter hose that goes from the top of the pump up to the top of the tank. It is constantly circulating fluid. Am I correct in thinking this is only there to bleed out any air from the pump when it is run empty? And would this be causing the foaming issues? It looks like the same pump on our old Flexicoil pull type and it just has a bleeder crew in the same hole. Could I put a valve on this so I could close it off when I don't need it or will that cause other issues? I know it's not the water because we use the same well as others that use it and they have no problems.
Mine has a shut off valve on that line up buy the tank lid. I shut it off spraying 10 gallons and open it when spraying 5 or less. Only issue I had was when spraying round up at 3 gallons, with the valve shut off, the rate would go to high when shutting off some booms. Hope that helps.
Weatherman is supposed to be a premium product but it sounds like they cheaper out on the defoamer.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:11 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Previous flexicoil pt sprayer would always be wet between pump and hyd motor. If I filled sprayer without pump running it would drip out of the weep hole a little. When pump was running no leaks or anything visible so I ignored it. Later that year I fall burned some fields and let sprayer sit overnight loaded. Next morning you could see ground was wet under pump so it was leaking pretty good. Figured I should fix leak and pulled pump apart. Cereamic shaft seal was cracked. I always had foam in tank and sometimes flow meter would read erratic and would jump around a bit but I figured that’s just what it did. I even installed new flow meter a few months earlier but it didn’t change anything. After fixing it foam was gone and the flow meter was accurate and never jumped up and down like it used too.( really wondered why I didn’t fix it earlier) I figured it sucked a little air in while pumping because a new shaft seal fixed it.
Transaxial likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Got our problem solved if anyone cares! Ended up putting a valve in the line from the pump to the top of the tank. Doesn't seem to affect the pressure at all. Watched it while it was running and there was a lot of water going through this small line and coming out looking like foam. Decided to leave the valve cracked open just a hair so it just trickles out like a watering can and the bigger drops clean up what little foam does get churned up while running. Glad it was a cheap and easy fix! Now, if I could just figure out a way to fix all this wind we keep getting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page