Teejet Boomjet nozzles - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Teejet Boomjet nozzles

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has used those Teejet boomjet 5880 boomless nozzles.
The father in law has about 200 hectares of rough country that is infested with parthenium that he wants me to spray but is going to be a long drawn out job with the hardy nozzles he has on the back of the toyota at the moment as they only cover about 3meters, was thinking that since this boomjet nozzle could cover up around the 15 meter mark it would be the go but i wouldnt here the end of it if i spent $500 and it turned out to be a dud so thought i would check up a bit first.

Any info would be appreciated
thanks
wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Hi Wayne.

I haven't used the boomjet setup but I've used a pair of hypro boom xtender nozzles on a boomless pasture sprayer. They were very coarse and highly susceptible to the wind changing your swath width. I used two and a couple flat fans in between and had about 12-14m of coverage. Think they were about $70 each but that was several years ago.

They worked ok on a calm day with higher water volumes and systemic product. Wouldn't want to use them with a contact product on small targets due to inconsistent coverage though.

Not familiar with parthenium though. I was chasing Canada thistle, buckbrush, poplars and tansy usually.

Best of luck. It's no fun covering rough ground.

Dan
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 989 Post(s)
I use hyper boom tenders as fence row nozzle and am not crazy about them. Check out this link https://sprayers101.com/boomless-nozzle-performance/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
I’ve got a couple rigged up for compost tea and other slightly chunky water. They work quite well for that. For chemical I’d use 2, 1/2 rate passes perpendicular to each other to ensure decent coverage.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Never cared for the teejet, they just never seemed to have a good pattern. My go to nozzles for boomless are boom busters(expensive) and the bominator(little cheaper and knockoffs on Ebay).
https://mkrittenhouse.com/us/rittenh...e-full-pattern
If you are doing a one off job the ebay ones work really well and would be my suggestion. I will try to get a link later if you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190623_123819.jpg (3.94 MB, 5 views)

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the info.
Parthenium is a mongrel of a weed it will go to seed anywhere from a couple of inches tall or 3 feet tall and once it starts to dry out it drops its leaves but still keeps seeding so makes it hard to kill which is why its a declared noxious weed and towns have parthenium washdown pads to help try and keep spread contained.
Am going to be using a systemic product with high water rates about 160l per hectare(16 gallon per acre) because of the large droplet sizes with these type of nozzles and to try and help force the drops to make their way through the 3ft high of growth. Unfortunately its going to be one of those jobs where you spray and then keep going back and spraying again every couple of months probably not going to get rid of it more just a control job.
hes got a little buggy with a 12v sprayer and a boom xtender nozzle on it for doing fencelines and it does that job ok but since this is going to a big enough job that i am pulling the gps out of the spray tractor and putting it in the toyota with the big tank i was just trying to get as much width as posible i suppose. i was looking at using them but the spray 101 link that licensed to kill posted showed them to not be that good which was why i was looking at the big brass teejet but thought wind would be more of a problem with it as it seems to spray upward to get the width.
Only way to get boom busters in australia would be to order from the us which makes them dearer again, I can get ones like beerweiser has in the pic of the kubota buggy from rapidspray but looking at how they just put out a straight half circle I thought that the sprayt would be more uneven than the others eg heavier in the center

Last edited by wacoaus; 06-23-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page