The Combine Forum banner

Accent Q and Other Questions

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  tbone95 
#1 ·
A little late now, but I'd like some information for the ol' memory bank....

1st, has anyone had areas of a field where Accent Q was a total failure? I sprayed a Dicamba product with Accent Q for the grasses. Had a pretty good infestation of both crab grass and quack grass. You could see the broadleaves withering and dying amongst the grass, which was pretty much laughing at me the whole time.

Second question, if this happens, other than Liberty or Glyphosate, are there any other options to kill GRASS in corn at a later stage like that???? First off, money no object, then any advice on the economics of it all.

Thanks all.

#2 ·
A little late now, but I'd like some information for the ol' memory bank....

1st, has anyone had areas of a field where Accent Q was a total failure? I sprayed a Dicamba product with Accent Q for the grasses. Had a pretty good infestation of both crab grass and quack grass. You could see the broadleaves withering and dying amongst the grass, which was pretty much laughing at me the whole time.

Second question, if this happens, other than Liberty or Glyphosate, are there any otheroptions to kill GRASS in corn at a later stage like that???? First off, money no object, then any advice on the economics of it all.

Thanks all.

Callisto will kill the crab grass, never had any “quack grass”, had a few quackheads for employees though.

#4 ·
So I did a little more research, I do a lot of turf grass and this has me stumped so I thumbed through my books, we have Quackgrass and just call it witchgrass. Callisto/tenacity (mesotrione) won’t kill it. Neither will quinclorac. Nothing selective anyone I know knows of will kill the rhizomes. mesotrione will turn it white and make you think it’s dead but it always comes back. All three of my manuals say it has to be spot treated with a non selective.

#6 ·
Yes, but I do not have a restricted use license. Need one for that in this state.

The dealer told me the Accent Q should have controlled it. I have used it in the past on different fields, and it seems like it controlled pretty good. This time, it laughed at me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.