Raven Sidekick, "no hc power" - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Raven Sidekick, "no hc power"

Anyone here have experience with that?
The pump ran a couple times on manual product control than would shut itself off again.
Now it does nothing, showing 0 volts on the monitor.
I had already done away with ravens crappy wire terminals on the first day I purchased it. This spring when I pulled it off of my burnt sprayer I shortened the harness considerably because I put the pump in a different spot. Worked out good as part of the harness was torched.

Brought the harness into the shop, did a load test on all supply voltage terminals and all of them were good.

Will pull the node in the morning to see if I can find something wrong there but really wondering if anyone has experienced this?

The monitor claims there is 5000 hrs on it already, not sure I believe that as I only use it on glyphosate but maybe it is that many and it's just used up.

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
Anyone here have experience with that?
The pump ran a couple times on manual product control than would shut itself off again.
Now it does nothing, showing 0 volts on the monitor.
I had already done away with ravens crappy wire terminals on the first day I purchased it. This spring when I pulled it off of my burnt sprayer I shortened the harness considerably because I put the pump in a different spot. Worked out good as part of the harness was torched.

Brought the harness into the shop, did a load test on all supply voltage terminals and all of them were good.

Will pull the node in the morning to see if I can find something wrong there but really wondering if anyone has experienced this?

The monitor claims there is 5000 hrs on it already, not sure I believe that as I only use it on glyphosate but maybe it is that many and it's just used up.
Multi Meter the 2 large pins on the IBBC tractor side to confirm 12 volts. These are the HC power supply. Check all 30 Amp fuses.

The 2 large pins in the harness that plugs into the Node harness should be 12 V. If this is all correct then it is the sidekick node itself and will need to be return to Raven to be fixed. Have had one of them do this new out of the box.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxquipguy View Post
Multi Meter the 2 large pins on the IBBC tractor side to confirm 12 volts. These are the HC power supply. Check all 30 Amp fuses.

The 2 large pins in the harness that plugs into the Node harness should be 12 V. If this is all correct then it is the sidekick node itself and will need to be return to Raven to be fixed. Have had one of them do this new out of the box.
I should have updated this morning, I pulled the entire harness and load tested it, everything was peachy there. Minimal voltage drop at 20 amps per pin.
I left the battery cables disconnected on the sprayer last night and taking the harness out there shortly to see how everything goes but I'm expecting a node or motor

Thanks!

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page