4930 boom lowering unexpectedly ?? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
4930 boom lowering unexpectedly ??

hi guys need some help. I have a 2011 jd 4930 sprayer and my centre boom rack lowers itself all the way down unexpectedly while I'm spraying. I tried disabling my auto boom height control and centre rack control and spraying in manual mode and it holds its height than and i can raise and lower the tips and i can raise the centre rack and it holds but as soon as i try and lower the centre rack it lowers itself all the way down and if I press the raise button to stop it from lowering it raises it up but as soon as i let go of the switch it lowers itself all the way down again. here is the weird part though when it starts lowering itself down unexpectedly if i press the spray button on the hydro handle to turn the spray off it stops lowering itself immediately and holds its height. any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Valve stuck open or is receiving a power leak and opens itself up, best to throw a voltage meter on the selenoid. Or maybe swap a selenoid wifh a different one

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by giver hard View Post
hi guys need some help. I have a 2011 jd 4930 sprayer and my centre boom rack lowers itself all the way down unexpectedly while I'm spraying. I tried disabling my auto boom height control and centre rack control and spraying in manual mode and it holds its height than and i can raise and lower the tips and i can raise the centre rack and it holds
That sounds like it's poaching power form the auto height system.

Quote:
but as soon as i try and lower the centre rack it lowers itself all the way down and if I press the raise button to stop it from lowering it raises it up but as soon as i let go of the switch it lowers itself all the way down again.
That sounds like an issue with the vickers valve sticking OR poaching power from somewhere that is it only triggered when a centre lowering is initiated.

Quote:
here is the weird part though when it starts lowering itself down unexpectedly if i press the spray button on the hydro handle to turn the spray off it stops lowering itself immediately and holds its height. any ideas??
However, this sounds like it's poaching power from the spray circuit. I'm not sure where exactly to look but I'm thinking that the insulation on the wiring is cracked and you have power jumping from circuit to circuit. Likely where the wires go into a plug. A good place to start might be the harnesses going to the bank of vickers valves on the centre rack. Perhaps a bad ground?? That can cause all sorts of goofy, seemingly unrelated gremlins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
hi guys thanks for the tips. just quick update replaced the whole hydro handle cause thought that was the problem but that didn't solve it, i replaced the diode under the fuse panel and for now that appears to have fixed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page