4430 Patriot Pressure Issues - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
4430 Patriot Pressure Issues

Have a 2012 4430 Patriot with 1400 hours....bought it about 100 hours ago.
Has AIM.....have noticed occasionally at first,,but increased frequency as of late while in AUTO MODE the pressure will not maintain....will increase or decrease randomly....while in MANUAL mode pressure and rate will maintain.

Have checked and rechecked settings,,,screens are clean....any ideas what to look for? Has the double Wilger Nozzles....acts same when using both or only AIM nozzle.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Just had our spool valve in the hydraulic block replaced on the pump drive on our 4420 for the exact same reason. We were at 2000hrs and the tech said that is pretty good for how long it lasted. It was pretty scored up from movement and fixed the problem. On the 4420 I just followed the lines back from the product pump to the first block there and there is a block with a solenoid in it. I guess the oil all escapes when it is replaced so you want to have the new one there to fix it. Our tech had a just the spool (I think, I was seeding) so was a quick swap compared to doing the whole block.

Follow me on Twitter @ndykmn
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Good chance that it’s the flow meter. There is a setting that uses #1976 or #0, I think it’s PMW 2,I’ll check when I get to the sprayer.

Last edited by sasksodbuster; 09-19-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:50 AM
TheCombineForum Forum Sponsor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Barn
Few ideas:
1. Collapsed feedline (inside hose sheathing)
2. Throttle valve accidentally closed (just ahead of flowmeter, looks like ball valve, but 'closed' position has a ~1/4" hole drilled for low flow rates)
3. What kind of flow are you trying to put out?
-Chances are you have a 100GPM flowmeter, so if you were trying to put out 30GPA at like 15MPH, your flowmeter is likely maxed out. Pretty sure all the 4430 came with 100 GPM flowmeters, but chance it coulda been spec'd with a 60GPM. Just check the heat stamp on the flowmeter housing for a 60# or 100#.

I have noticed more guys doing higher flow rate stuff and running themselves into a bit of trouble keeping up, as you can put out ~1.38 US GPM out of each nozzle and just be hitting the 100GPM for the flowmeter.

Better Engineered Sprayer Parts for Over 35 Years
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

THANKS ANDY!!!! You nailed it!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to All Who Posted!! Solved

Just a not to say thanks to all who posted here regarding my sprayer issue. As Andy suggested in his post and as it was the easiest thing to check first...I took the coil of the solenoid on the valve controlling hyd flow to the product pump. It was kinda dirty but didnt see any grooves or scratches. Blew both the solenoid post and the coil out,,,sprayed electric cleaner on both and blew out again,,,,checked the deatz connection and applied dielectric grease,,,,assembeled,,,,,and ILL BE DANGED,,,works perfectly,,,,Thanks Guys!! Save me a service call and a lot of aggravation.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Wait so you just cleaned the solenoid coil and the post without removing the valve cartridge? Or were you saying the valve cartridge itself was dirty?

Last edited by torriem; 09-25-2019 at 10:22 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Exactly Correct,,,,did NOT take cartridge itself out of valve body. Simply took coil off,,,,,cleaned and reassembled.

I think I will have a new cartridge assembly including coil on standby however.

Hope this can help someone down the trail here.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Usually when this problem occurs the problem is inside the valve cartridge itself. There are no moving parts outside of the valve cartridge. Coils usually work or they don't. Could have been a connection issue that cleaning the plug helped with. Dirt on the post doesn't matter as long as the coil is seated. Nothing moves on the outside of the valve cartridge. The coil magnetically pulls on a plunger inside the valve cartridge. This particular cartridge is not cheap from Case. About a $1k. I'm sure it can be had for half the from a hydraulics place though.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Copy That,,,,you are correct of course,,,I was thinking perhaps it was maybe just disturbing the coil a bit may have done it as Ive had the connector off and cleaned before. I have a great place in Great Falls Montana that can get these things for a lot less than direct from CASE IH........Big Sky Hydraulics,,,,,Great Falls Montana. Im in the process of getting a cartidge and coil from them. Thanks tho for all your input

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page