Recirculating Boom?? - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
It is not a factory option from case. I do it myself. I am not aware of anyone else who has done it.

Jmjperformance likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have a 132' Pommier boom on my sparyer with recirculation and would never go back. No more dead spots in the boom. Booms are primed with required chemical concentration as soon as you are done mixing. Upon cleaning out to change chemicals, no more worrying about hangups in the boom, because any small amounts of chemical that could be hung up are diluted when mixing the next batch of new chemical to the point they can no longer harm. No more feather in lines associated with chem hangup or lack of priming. On/off of spray boom is instant with the air controlled nozzles.

draww8, aussie.ltd., SWMan and 1 others like this.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Are you guys still happy with your recirculating booms? Have any of you taken actual pressure readings at the first nozzle that is being fed and compared it to pressure at the last nozzle in the line. I would be curious how much pressure drop between nozzle 1 nozzle 32 while spraying 36 gal/min (this would be the flow for 10 gal/acre @ 15 mph.)
Have air shut offs been reliable or need much attention?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2911 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
Are you guys still happy with your recirculating booms? Have any of you taken actual pressure readings at the first nozzle that is being fed and compared it to pressure at the last nozzle in the line. I would be curious how much pressure drop between nozzle 1 nozzle 32 while spraying 36 gal/min (this would be the flow for 10 gal/acre @ 15 mph.)
Have air shut offs been reliable or need much attention?
Completely happy. The only time I have seen a difference is when the nozzle screens become plugged, so now have eliminated those. There is boom filters and I have a Thompson water filter on the main line. I never installed pressure gauges but instead just collect water in a scaled cup(for X amount of time) and compare when doing a rinse, should be the same thing or better.

I replace the air shut-off diaphragms every year because usually some will fail in year 2 if I don't. Not a huge expense.

Now looking at the dates on this thread I may have still had my Patriot sprayer when this thread was started, but shortly after got a RG1100 with 120' Pommier boom. It has been the most reliable and best performing sprayer I have run to date, four seasons on it now. I would not be without a re-circulating boom ever again after seeing the benefits of having one.
hondaman likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page