Sask farm semi haulin USA requirements? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sask farm semi haulin USA requirements?

Can we haul our grain to North Dakota w our farm plated semi with minimal paper work or a current safety? Oh...what paper work is required for the non commercial hauler, like a farmer hauling his own grain?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 PM
n6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i hauled farm machinery to north dakota from sask need broker and greeneye electronic manifest this was 3 years ago

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
I hauled some stuff from ND a few years back, had to get a DOT# and buy permits cause it was over-width/length and fuel permits, was also some fees at border. Now DOT keeps hounding me for more paperwork to keep my #. It seems that I will need to have an interview at some point, provide safety info on trucks, undergo drug testing.......Crazy! It keeps getting put off (by them) but I'm thinking of letting it lapse and just hiring someone if I ever need it, maybe that's what they want?

You go on the DOT website and see if you can figure that out! Major pain for small business IMHO.

I also think there is COOL for grain too and only certain elevators can accommodate the paper-work but I don't know this for sure. Basis starting to improve on wheat here but much better south of border.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page