live bottom/belt trailers???? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
live bottom/belt trailers????

Think about getting a live bottom/belt trailer to haul rock,dirt, manure,and ag lime for my own operation and maybe doing some custom hauling for some neighbors. Anyone have any experience with these trailers? I know i would have to get a wet kit on my truck, how much does that normally cost? I found a decent red river belt trailer for sale, anyone have one of these? thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: live bottom/belt trailers????

I know a guy that has a Red River. awesome trailer. He can haul gravel, silage, grain, wet DDG, manure, rock, just about anything you want. ear corn. I don't think the wet kits are that expensive but they weigh about 1500 lbs. Some even have self contained wet kits so you can rent them out to anybody if you want

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I wouldn't plan on a lot of manure hauling. If it has very little straw you will will be busy with a fork . Manure will bridge quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 PM
nar

Seen a ton of manure hauled in aulick and red river trailers with no problems. They have wide belts so don't bridge even hauling haylage. Aulick has a rental fleet but you have to call well before harvest or you won't get one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 02:05 PM

I ran a live floor trailer for several years hauling seed corn. They work well for this, but for the other things you were planning on hauling, I would go with a belt trailer. Belt trailers clean out much better than walking floor trailers. I hauled shavings a few times with the live floor trailer and you spend more time sweeping 3- 4" of material left on the floor, than it took to unload. If you did get a live floor trailer, you would need to get a low sided one. The live floors we had would not fit into most grain elevators and most payloaders could not reach high enough to dump over the side with out damaging tarp bows. Somebody said earlier about a wet kit weighing over 1500 lbs. this sounds a bit high. I was thinking more in the 700 - 800 lb range, depending on the size of your hydraulic tank and how much oil you need in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page