soybean seed cleaing - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
soybean seed cleaing

looking into buying a machine capable of cleaning soybeans for seed, any thoughts on what machines to look at. It would be nice if it could be mobile and around 1000bu/hr I have been loking at the camas liberator 2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 AM

Re: soybean seed cleaing

camas went out of business a while back. I would recommend staying away from their equipment if not solely for the sake of support and parts. Stay with the equipment manufactured by the long term players IMO....

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 PM

I won't claim to be an expert on this, but I've just watched a rather interesting dvd about largescale corporate farming in the US. One of the subjects they touched on was about Monsanto suing Farmers for using their own farm grown genetically modified soybean seed. I guess the issue is about not getting any royalties from this seed. Also in their targets are the guys who go around cleaning seed for Farmers! I'm not saying this applies to you, but I'm sure you've heard of it already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 PM
sb

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've got an extra cleaner, a Clipper Super X 29 D, if your interested. It is in good shape, no water damage. It would be easy to make it mobil by putting it on a tandam axle trailer. Got another Clipper cleaner that is still set up in a seed cleaner plant. Both are located in Mississippi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page