Grain Trailer Help - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via MSN to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via Yahoo to Christian A. Herrnboeck
Re: Grain Trailer Help

Looks like a pretty nice trailer you bought yourself, Matt!

What's your empty weight with that? Is it air-ride?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks Christian. I believe that the weight is roughly around 11500 lbs empty. It is a spring suspension. Sticker on the side says its a Hutchens suspension. Our tandem axle grain truck is air and we are not very happy with its performance so Im kinda glad the trailer is spring.

Matt

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Air ride trailers and tractors are the cats meow for ride quality and for loading legal wieghts, I agree air ride grain trucks are terrible IMO to much swaying when loaded.I know of a couple that have been rolled because of it(could just be driver) but after driving one I wouldn't want one.After using air ride trucks and trailers for the last 5 years I wouldn't go back to springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

On our roads in Sask a spring ride trailer will only last half as long as air ride. When looking at trailers as soon as I see it has springs I walk away.(one exception is tanker trailers driving a air ride tanker feel like you in a boat) We have a air ride Freightliner tandem and its not to bad to drive I was worried when we got it but it worked fine last harvest. You do have to use your head when driving and slow down more and don't turn too sharp in a low corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page