Westeel hoppers vs Stealth - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
If a 14' bin is only worth $500 and a cone is $3000 you have $3500 for 2200 bu of storage about a $1.60/bu.
Problem is you already had the 2000 bushel bin that was worth $500, and then added 200 bushels for $3000 ($15/bu).

Like others have said, use what you were going to spend on 14' hoppers and put a down payment on 1805's (or bigger ). I've had this argument with myself (is that weird ???) a number of times, and this is what it always boils down to.

BB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Would like to find those $500 flat bottoms Need to put air into 2 bins for peas. Either punch into existing hoppers for $1300 each or buy a whole cone and skid with are for just under $4000. Buying 1606s next but not till winter. Its expensive storage but need them for peas and air. Flat bottom air bins are not fun when you have to rotate crop around during harvest.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you guys are looking for Bottoms or full Bin Packages we sell them. Sunrise Panel is close to Hairy Hill. We also opening a second Plant in Southern Alberta near Bow Island. Yes, our latest Hoppers are primed on the inside and primed and Painted on the outside. Last year we also got our hopper engineered if that makes any difference to anyone. If you need more details check out our website or call us. I am David Klassen and can be reached @ 403-393-2513
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
14's you can at least pencil out if you need a few small seed / overflow bins.

I seriously do not understand hoppering 19' bins (but lots do.....) that 600 bu of hopper storage is OVER HALF of the price of a complete 1805. plus by the time you take out the doors and replace a couple bent sheets half of that old bin is gone anyways!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradw2 View Post
14's you can at least pencil out if you need a few small seed / overflow bins.

I seriously do not understand hoppering 19' bins (but lots do.....) that 600 bu of hopper storage is OVER HALF of the price of a complete 1805. plus by the time you take out the doors and replace a couple bent sheets half of that old bin is gone anyways!
A 19’ hopper are about a 1/3 of the price and then you basically have the same capacity as a 1805. I dislike shoveling and if your short of space it’s likely gonna get filled and have to be shoveled out.

But my cost might be less then other places due to the amount of hoppers built in the immediate area.

Then on the other hand.....a 4500bu bin is almost too small now a days. The bin guys tell me the most popular bin they now sell is a 2406. (Just over 10,000bu)

Last edited by meskie; 03-20-2019 at 05:53 PM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 07:56 PM
zen

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
The bin guys tell me the most popular bin they now sell is a 2406. (Just over 10,000bu)
Can you transport a 24 foot bin? Would it be too high for powerlines and wide for road. If so then the resale value on those will drop hard compared to a 1806 which can fetch close to new prices. Atleast with a 19 foot bin you can put on a truck easily enough.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
If you’re looking for more storage it would be cheaper to buy some 18-05 on hoppers , than putting hoppers under your 14’ bins. Your 14’ bins you could pull the floors out and pour concrete in them and use for overflow. As others have said a sweep works ok in these bins.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
While this is still an informative thread, it’s been 5 years since the question was asked, I bet he’s made a move one way or the other 🙂

Given the last 3 harvests, I wonder if he’s still happy with his choice...
sasksodbuster likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Went with the stealth hoppers with air. Always need small bins for tail ends or seed. While a hopper may not give a return like fertilizer etc. With the need to move and dry grain, they have been as handy as the invention of the wheel. Those flats would have not been efficient in the last 3yrs we have had with wet grain and weather.

The stealths have a little shallower slope than a westeel but grain flows just fine out of them. I think there is a little more steel in them then the westeels. Very happy with them, will use them again when my other flat 14ft bin floors are wore out. I do have a row of 1806s and the 14fts are used for tail ends or wet grain.
radar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page