full bin sensors!!! CAN BE STRESS FULL - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
full bin sensors!!! CAN BE STRESS FULL

bought a 110' brant grain auger with lights, cameras and wireless remote for the swing, local dealer talked me into the brehon full bin sensor...

well after four sets of broken shear bolts from overfilling the bin, and one reversal of pluged auger and after numerous positioning of the sensor, it was removed

it was also causing conflicts between cameras and swing remote, and had brants serious attention...

they finally sent me Brants own full bin sensor and it works with their own control module that the winch and swing work on...

results are that it works perfectly and highly recommend brants complete package... happy customer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Interesting, I have 2 NeverSpillSpouts. And except for human error I've been really happy with them. I did find that it's good to take them off for winter, as where I store my augers is often the windiest part of my yard, and swaying in the wind did wreck a couple wires on the older of the two.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Have a pair of Never Spill Spouts as well as a Brehon. Both have worked ok for me, but probably prefer the Never Spill and it is also wired for lights at the top and bottom of auger. Only problem is they have turned a no snag spout into a 3 hole snagger that tends to get caught on the Westeel bin lid springs and this either rips off the spout or bends up the spring and lid opener assembly if you're not careful when raising auger out of a bin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have two Brehon wireless full bin alarms and both work fine outside the bin! But as soon as you drop them inside the bin the receiver doesn't pick up the signal! Very frustrating, has anyone else had this trouble, if so what did you do!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 10:54 AM

Yep. Dealing with it right now. Second year of ownership and several attempted fixes by Brehon. Looks like it will be third year before I get any use. If I'm lucky! Jordan not doing anything for me in short term so I'll have to rely on neighbor to get a loaner. He has three and they work flawlessly. Go after Brehon aggressively as they should work! Feel free to pm me to discuss. Im not a happy customer
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I'm happy withy never spill. Trick is to figure out how far to get it in the bin. Once you got that nailed down it works slick. The three slots in the no snag spout can be a bit of a pita, but so is crawling up and down bin ladders.

Neil
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 03:29 AM

Talked with Brehon (Kramble Industries), they are aware of the problem and are fixing it! Unfortunately it won't be available till spring! They are going to add a signal booster to the head of the auger, to relay to the receiver! Here's hoping!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 04:13 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4526 Post(s)
My pick as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreen View Post
I'm happy withy never spill. Trick is to figure out how far to get it in the bin.
Yes, slots just barely out of view when auger loaded.
All the truckers tell me best addition to an auger ever!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
x2 on the never spill spout, never have an issue with it snagging mine came with 3 thin strips of flat metal with angled top and bottom, that bolt lengthwise in the middle of each hole. Went thru 3 full bin super sensors before buying this one.IMO I never liked the idea of trusting a wireless device to tell me when a bins full, I do have brehon/kramble swing mover and it is probably the best option on my auger.If anybody has tight corners and old westeel bins(yellow lid) you should invest in one of these, love it, Auger-Steer System for Any Pull-Type Auger or Conveyor - Triple Star Manufacturing
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie31 View Post
x2 on the never spill spout, never have an issue with it snagging mine came with 3 thin strips of flat metal with angled top and bottom, that bolt lengthwise in the middle of each hole.
This must be a new addition or part of the larger spouts. I'm going to add these to my older 10" spout as it was always catching, and the 13" hasn't yet. (Knock, knock, knock)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page