Has anybody else has endless problems with their Brandt equipment?? - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by producer72 View Post
We have had constant grief also with the auto lock mechanism on the harrows and bearings on the swing auger. Very disappointing !
We have had same issue on the 7000 harrows coming unlocked at all speeds. Only way I seem to keep them together is buying a new half moon Cresent part. Hate seeing them fold up at 10 mph.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhrasko View Post
We have had same issue on the 7000 harrows coming unlocked at all speeds. Only way I seem to keep them together is buying a new half moon Cresent part. Hate seeing them fold up at 10 mph.
I think you just have to play with the adjusting bolt on the cable. It is a very fine adjustment between too tight to go the transport and too loose to go to field position. As far as the system of down pressure with the harrows its very good and level. Parts suck. SCE carries nothing and the brandt depot reminds me way too much of kramer.

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:19 PM
DDF

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
We have quite a few pieces of brandt grain moving equipment, and we've not had significant problems with any of them. Have a 10-year old 852 HP with a self mover kit, and it's been fine. Have a 845 with mover that is probably only 6-8 years old, and it's good too, other than wearing out the top drive chain.

For about 5 years we've had a 1585 conveyor, and it's been very good. We just picked up a little 1545 conveyor and it has been fine as well.

Years ago we had a brandt bale buster that was garbage. But we've been very pleased with the grain moving equipment.
This is reaching back a bit. Are you still happy with your 1585? And how high could you run it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Yes still happy with it. We need to either cut the belt and shorten it, or replace the belt now, though. We've run out of room on adjustment.

The other year we put the 1585 on our tallest bin, which is a 10,000 bu hopper that's about 34' tall (might be 37'... cant' remember). It reached but was just about the highest it will go. Peas moved, but not as fast as on lower bins, maybe 75%. We didn't push it too hard. I guess convenyors can't reach as high as augers as the grain will run back down the belt.
DDF likes this.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:21 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4450 Post(s)
Wow, 2.5 hours reply to a 4 year old thread, impressive!
DDF likes this.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:47 AM

Guess I'm vain enough to notice the notifications regarding quoted posts.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
I duno but can't say I'm happy with the quality or performance of latest auger's. Definitely looking around.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Yeah we have one of the supercharged augers and it has been a nightmare. Would buy Meridian next time.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Years later from the first post... nothing wrong with an update though. We have a brandt graincart had the gearbox go at the bottom of the auger in the second season. Took weeks for the new gearbox to come in, fortunately the original held up. Pretty awful delivery timeline for a machine you only use a few weeks a year. Dealership wasn't impressed either. If we had a normal harvest, we would have finished combining before we got the replacement. Have to say that it does look better built overall than other carts I've seen though.

Its partner bought at the same time, 13" swing auger, had to replace the winch during second season as well. So far that's it.

Our brandt harrows are a little older, maybe 10-12 years old, bought used. There are better designs out there. Frame cracks in a few places. Other harrows have it so you can turn the end wheels and adjust down pressure hydraulically.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:29 PM

While we're happy with our Brandt conveyors, when it came to buying a 13" auger, we chose against Brandt. For whatever reason Brandt has the highest horsepower requirements of all we looked at but the bu/hour wasn't any better. We bought a 85' GrainMaxx with Rodono-designed swing (built by GrainMaxx) and we're very pleased wiht it except for a minor issue with the position of the grease fittings on the u-joints in the bottom of the swing's hopper. The auger is fast and quiet. There are no joints or couplings in the auger tube or the flighting.

Anyone who wants to unload belly dump trailers needs a Rodono on their auger.

No complaints with our Brandt harrow bar (70').

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page