Has anybody else has endless problems with their Brandt equipment?? - The Combine Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anybody else has endless problems with their Brandt equipment??

I am beyond frustrated with all of my Brandt equipment. None of it is older than 4 years. Extractor, ongoing problems with the clutch on the crossauger and things keep coming apart in the chaincase at the bottom of the auger, then the chain rubs a hole in the oilpan therefore draining the oil, and I am sure you all know what happens then. Our bagger leaks grain needs silicone everywhere to keep it from leaking. Ladder broke off it due to welds failing and we cant seem to get through harvest on just one winch.. Our 852 auger is complete garbage. Broken drive shaft, idler wheels on belts failed, hyd hoses burnt off on day one as they were placed against exhaust, cant engage electric clutch without loosening belts or shear pin will break everytime, failed hydro pump... 1390 auger we bought just before harvest began, showed up in my yard direct from factory with a bolt missing in the tubing (flange I believe its called?) and electric motor failed on the mover.. One wheel turns, the other is locked up so we have to help push it back and forth. over 2 weeks now waiting for that motor to arrive.
None of this stuff is abused and all major repairs are done by John Deere mechanics and it just keeps failing.
Has anybody else had problems with their Brandt equipment? Is it even possible to have 4 lemons on the same farm?? I have been putting up with it but I have reached my breaking point as it is really starting to affect the efficiencies of my business.
In all fairness, the guys at Brandt have been very good to deal with in trying to find solutions etc...However, blue has me seeing nothing but red now unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Neighbour had a brand new Brandt conveyor, never seen grain and while running it over before using it had 2 bearings smoking.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 11:19 PM

I bought two new augers two harvests ago. One 849 and one 852. I like the augers for their speed and movabilty but they are poorly built. I have had the same problems on both of mine as you have had with yours.
Drive shafts should NEVER break on an auger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2713 Post(s)
I have an 835 that has wore out 2 engines and is still going.

But a few years back I bought a 1035 and it must have been closely related to the 852 you speak of. I have never had so much trouble with a piece of equipment and NEVER been as happy about a piece of equipment leaving my yard as when I sold that thing!

I have a 1390HP and it has been fairly reliable. There are things on it that I think are flimsy and things I think are overbuilt. New models look to be improved??? I wouldn't say they are worth the price premium that they seem to want. If you are going to buy a premium auger buy a Sakundiak/Meridian.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
I am not color orientated on anything I buy but I have ended up with a lot of blue equipment in the last few years, it sounds like alot of set up problems to me. I have a 1020 grain cart, 10' bagger and loader, a 13x90hp auger 5200ex vac and even had a Brandt bale processor, long storie about how I had that but I can count the problems I have had on one hand. The coupler between augers on the vac, the coupler on the winch to lift the hopper on the 13x90 because the cable got wraped up backwards and I had a pin fall out the cylinder on the auger of the grain cart, my fault on that one because Brandt sent me new pins last year telling me that if I didn't change them they would fall out. I feel I have had great luck with there equipment and I will probly stick with them, only thing I have a complaint about was there hydraulic swing hopper, not really just there's I think all of the hydraulic ones are junk so I put on a auger jogger, now I'm happy
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Got that stuff from John Deere too huh, I have never been so disipointed as to recently I got a bran new 333e track skidsteer and it was hardly off there trailer and I wanted to raise the loader so I could get familiar with it and check out the engine compartment, it was so low on hydraulic oil I couldn't raise the loader all the way up, check engine oil ant it was below add!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I have quite a few pieces of Brandt equipment: 1545 conveyor, 1370HP auger, 1070XL Auger, and grain bagger. The conveyor has been the best auger this farm has ever had. Well over a million bu put through and its gone through 3 bearings. Kohler engine gave issues but not a Brandt problem. I'm just replacing the engine now with EFI so hopefully smooth sailing now. The 1370HP has been great. Many many bu put through and all we had was an issue with he breather on main gear drive blowing a deal once. 1070 winch gear didn't last 5 bins and the swing flighting needed to be replaced due to not being straight. The Brandt bagger (and extractor) is really just a blue Loftness. Ours has been fine. Only thing wrong is a rubber seal inside the hopper where flighting comes out of drive bearing needs replacement.

Overall I've been generally happy with the Brandt product but I do fear part quality has really started to suffer among all short line (and full line) equipment makers as they try to cut costs by using Chinese junk. They cut production costs, increase part sales, but get stamped with the rep of being unreliable. I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product, but I would say Brandt is overpriced for what you get. One thing is their paint sure holds up well!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
I would wonder on setup. I have a few pieces of blue equipment. All have been great so far. The dealer I buy from sells lots of Brandt and they assemble the augers. They must know how to do it. 1080 auger, 835 auger, and 5200ex vac. Did have problems with Kohler engine, that was Kohler's problem and they fixed it, works great now. I do have 2 bearings going out in the swing auger. They were over greased and pushed the seals out. The crank on my swing auger got hit by the tractor tire 1 to many times. I retrofitted a leaky drapper motor to it and works much better now Still needs some fine tuning, but I like it, the swing auger winch that is.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
sold brandt for years and yes lots of problems
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not trying to jab Brandt, because I do see potential, but it is just to a point where you start screaming "WTF is going on!!!".... Even the guys at the elevators joke around about the my super B loads coming in ever couple of days with only a couple tons on.. Unloaded 750Kg the other day.. Broke down again lol.. Anyone want to buy that 852? Will give you a heck of a deal hahaha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page