RB 20 Unused Kenworths - Page 5 - The Combine Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Bud, I see where your coming from but this stunk of, well I don't know what sort of stunt it was, if there was an actual glitch or something mysterious. The unit in question was listed just like all the other trucks that Visa Rentals had put on the auction and somehow it vanished from the website that morning and the office had no official explanation at all for any of it, extremely odd is all I can say. I can see when they pull an item from the sale because someone has done something to the unit to sabotage it so it won't run for instance but again that was not the case with this scenario.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsigg View Post
Wtf is up with all these kenworth's

https://www.rbauction.com/2013-KENWO...TON-AB-2015165

Also why do they have an air intake emergency shutoff valve?
Killing time today and checked the results. Pretty cheap for new trucks, all around 130,000 cdn. Apparently an IH Prostar is not a very wanted truck, '13s sold for 30 to 40,000.

post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
I took a look just now at the IH trucks on the Edmonton sale and I expect part of it is that it ISN'T a Pete or Kenworth, but also depending on the unit I see some had the maxforce engine and perhaps that was part of it and some units had 40 rears, funky paint jobs and so on, also not enough room behind a large sleeper for some types of trailer designs, and some with the wind deflector on a day cab that others don't want. But looking at a bit older Frieghtliners, they didn't sell high either. Notice on some of the IH trucks and probably some of the others that are not deemed as popular, the very limited amount of photos taken and in some cases no elaborate pictures of the interior or anything which means to me that RB already knows its not going to bring much so they don't spend the time on each unit to advertise. Just an guessed observation on my part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
RB is the largest auction house in the world for good reason. They give sellers unmatched exposure and buyers get unmatched access. The only problem is they also have unmatched buying and selling fees. We've sold and bought equipment through them and have no complaints. Not sure why every thread on here turns into a conspiracy theory. Some of us need to get off the computer and get out more.
skgrain and scottyheps like this.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
No conspiracy there, IH trucks don't bring in as much as the KW's or Pete's.
Northern Farmer likes this.
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
No conspiracy there, IH trucks don't bring in as much as the KW's or Pete's.
Are IH trucks really that bad? Even with a decent engine like Cummins?
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsigg View Post
Are IH trucks really that bad? Even with a decent engine like Cummins?
No they aren't that bad but lots are fleet trucks and are speced on the light side and the ones I have looked at seem cheap. Would compare them to a Columbia or century Freightliner. The 9900i trucks seem to hold their value better then the pro stars.
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Salesman asked me to take a prostar out for a drive once, I totally fell in love with it. Mine has a cummins 600 hp isx. Now I see more of them in the line ups at the elevator. I think they are a great work truck and so quiet. imo. A very under rated truck.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
The cartel has lots of money and that hoe might dig its way underground to mexico for drug smuggling lol
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Maybe time on computer well spent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neufeldt View Post
RB is the largest auction house in the world for good reason. They give sellers unmatched exposure and buyers get unmatched access. The only problem is they also have unmatched buying and selling fees. We've sold and bought equipment through them and have no complaints. Not sure why every thread on here turns into a conspiracy theory. Some of us need to get off the computer and get out more.
Have not had extensive experience, but stuff I have bought through RB has been very good use of computer time - much cheaper to pay internet fees than travel to sale site/risk not getting than driving home. So far, all equipment was bought at prices that had a lot of room built in for those unexpected problems and touch wood so far all equipment has been better than what was expected/cost less to transport home.

When people complain about high costs of new equipment there was sale last Spring where I would say better than new equipment(speced the way it was vs at local dealer) was less than 50% at auction - at least for buyers of single pieces of equipment. In hindsight I wish I would have bought more of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page