Super B Loading - The Combine Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Super B Loading

Hey i just got a set of 09 Load King Super Bs (Steel trailers with aluminum Slopes) Just wondering how guys are loading with the gauges to make legal weight? Like how many PSI on each gauge before you move and which hopper you fill first (obviously the front one) and which you fill last. Also if you fill on the gate or on the slope. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Wheat, Soybeans

70-72 psi on tractor = Front hopper two big piles up roll bars
Move to hopper #2 and put one pile over the door till gauge reaches 42 psi on tridem.
Move to hopper #4 and put two large piles same as front or slightly less.
Move to hopper #3 and bring tridem and tandem gauges up to 70 psi

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Depends what your truck gauge reads when legal I had some that's 70 and some 80#
with an 80# truck
first 67-70 move
fill 2nd till truck is at legal (80#) mid is about 37#
I move to back load to about 50-54 move to center
bring rear gauge to 70# mid is about 63

With wheat load about mid way between gate and front same at back
front mid back edge of gate rear mid on gate or at front of gate
SWFarmService likes this.

When life gives you lemons
Break out the Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by V876; 12-22-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 755 Post(s)
If you can roll on to the scale slow and watch your weights then look at you gauges before you dump at the elevator. Then you can adjust your weights for the next load. Every trailer I have used is a little different then the next but if you know how to load your truck the front trailer is pretty easy and the 4th hopper you can load like #1 hopper it's always the third that's a bit of a guess when your not used to the trailer.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Any Lode Kings I've been around when doing wheat I load 1 good pile over the gates on each compartment. The front and 4th good and high but below tarp loops, 2nd and 3rd maybe 10 to 12 inches below the top sill. I would be willing to bet this will get you close enough to get to a scale and check the weights. With canola, 2 piles in 1 and 4 and 1 pile in 2 and 3. With oats, pretty much full front trailer and from the back of back trailer, full but the last 4 feet or so. If it has the weight per axle decals in the airgauge boxes they are pretty accurate. Don't get advise from a Doepker guy because I find they load completely different, way more picky for balance. My truck I fill 1 to 55# on tractor, then 2 to 70# on tractor, don't worry about trailers yet. 4 to what looks the same as 1 or about 60# on tandem, then 3 to finish tridem at 68# and tandem at 78#.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpolar View Post
Any Lode Kings I've been around when doing wheat I load 1 good pile over the gates on each compartment. The front and 4th good and high but below tarp loops, 2nd and 3rd maybe 10 to 12 inches below the top sill. I would be willing to bet this will get you close enough to get to a scale and check the weights. With canola, 2 piles in 1 and 4 and 1 pile in 2 and 3. With oats, pretty much full front trailer and from the back of back trailer, full but the last 4 feet or so. If it has the weight per axle decals in the airgauge boxes they are pretty accurate. Don't get advise from a Doepker guy because I find they load completely different, way more picky for balance. My truck I fill 1 to 55# on tractor, then 2 to 70# on tractor, don't worry about trailers yet. 4 to what looks the same as 1 or about 60# on tandem, then 3 to finish tridem at 68# and tandem at 78#.

Pretty much the same as we do but depending on tractor suspension will be a bit different. It would help to know what suspension you have.

42 psi in the tridem does seem like when you switch if your on the ground. 68 in the tridem and 78 in the back tandem if your shooting for 62,500.

Fill #3 last gives you the most flexibility to balance the load.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Pretty much the same as we do but depending on tractor suspension will be a bit different. It would help to know what suspension you have.

42 psi in the tridem does seem like when you switch if your on the ground. 68 in the tridem and 78 in the back tandem if your shooting for 62,500.

Fill #3 last gives you the most flexibility to balance the load.

Yep really simple after the first 100 loads or so
Yes, should have mentioned that was for 62500. For 54500 take approx 10# off your final numbers.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Truck is a 06 freight shaker Columbia. With 46 meritor diffs, air liner suspension
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

What is the max allowed kg per axle group on a super b ? I've been finding conflicting things on the Internet.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2417 Post(s)
Load first trailer, note the gauges, weigh it. Load second trailer, note the gauges weigh again. At least then you know which trailer is light/heavy. Only need to do it once.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page