14" 115' Merdian manufacturing telescoping auger - The Combine Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
14" 115' Merdian manufacturing telescoping auger

Had a demo today with the all new 14" 115' telescoping swing auger from Merdian manufacturing

I currently run a 110' 13" hp Brant auger and it works well, but as soon as I seen the new Merdian storm max I new I wanted to see it in action.. Very smooth to see how it works, just pull beside and drive under, no worries about damaging the swing, or being to close to the tractor, 5 feet of room between tractor and truck and the tractor had triples on it

Also as quiet as the Brant hp, and a fair bit quicker, I was able to run 5 percent more open on my electronic slides on the trailer remote, and would dump out at a rate of 2.5bu a second or a full compartment on the supper b in 3.5 minutes at 1400rpm, when speeding this to 1800rpm, it was less than three minutes to dump or 3.0 bu/sec

They said I had the slow speed gearing in the swing and could be improved almost ten percent with the taller gears, give you a choice for certain high moisture crops, or less damaging crops, and installs in minutes

This auger is built very heavy, and has a frame that makes the hp Brant look light.. Cables on the flighting that could hold the golden gate Brige together, tires that could be used on a semi, seamed to be very thought out and easy to work on if problems exist..No leaks anywhere, very clean unit. And a very neat full bin door that opens and prevents auger from stalling, saving flighting and shear bolts

Takes a few times to understand the telescoping swing, but easy to maneuver and is able to use under load from any lateral postion it can stretch too

Costly, but not much more than a new 13" Brant and offers more flow and telescoping swing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (35.5 KB, 225 views)
Snipe and chance2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Few more pictures

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (26.5 KB, 232 views)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

And one last picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (28.1 KB, 266 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1207 Post(s)
Is this auger on their website? I would like to see more. Is it the one that lifts to either side ?

Brent.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bussard View Post
And one last picture
Needs a 4wd to run it?
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Not sure what you mean as in lifts both sides, but if you are referring to if the slide can be used on left or right side, of main auger, yes it can

As for why the 4wd I wanted to see how much room we had if we had to use that tractor with triples, and we had lots of room, would guess you need at least 200 hp for taller bins
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bussard View Post
Not sure what you mean as in lifts both sides, but if you are referring to if the slide can be used on left or right side, of main auger, yes it can
They had on at the farm show last year or the year before, that the swing auger would lift over the tube and when moving the auger the swing would sit directly above the main tube. I think that one was a prototype.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

I'm not aware of that, but will ask about that, pretty cool idea if it could work.. He said they made 25 prototypes of this and have them spread through out the region, so far they have been looking very promising...

He said they tried a 16 inch swing that would supper charge the long 14 inch, but many us customers complained about higher hopper, and the weight of the swing.. He said they were faster than the standard 14" they have on this model, but with running faster gearing on the swing it not far behind
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
It may have been more than just a couple of years ago. It was back when they were Sakundiak. Heres a video
bussard, chance2 and SWMan like this.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 712alberta View Post
They had on at the farm show last year or the year before, that the swing auger would lift over the tube and when moving the auger the swing would sit directly above the main tube. I think that one was a prototype.
If you mean the Regina show they had one like that back when it was Sakundiak still, must have been 5 years ago. I wanted to buy one so bad because some yards it would be good to have the option of either side without having to unhook tractor and move it around. That design never took off and haven't heard anything since. Maybe this is a reincarnation of that unit???

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page