? about the MTC 999-FR moisture meter - The Combine Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
? about the MTC 999-FR moisture meter

Does anyone have any experience using the 999-FR moisture tester made by MTC? It is a portable battery operated unit. I saw a demonstration of it and it is very easy to use but I want to make sure it is accurate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Bought one at the crop production show in Saskatoon last week. Ran some wheat samples from fall, and they were pretty much bang on with local elevator. So far I'm impressed.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Good to hear! The reason I asked was because I was at Ag Days in Brandon on Tuesday but I was hoping for some feedback about them before I bought one. I went back yesterday and found a different booth that also sold them so I bought one. If it works good it will be very handy to have. I am actually glad I didn't purchase the first one I found because of the price difference between the two dealers. The first one was $1600. The one I found yesterday was $900. The only difference is one was green and one was yellow. I do like green paint but it's not JD green anyways! lol

Edit to add: Before someone gets to flaming JD for their markup I should mention that it was a dealer selling a colour other than green that was selling the green one.

Last edited by havin'funfarming; 01-19-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Mtc rep was selling them for $850 with 5 years warranty.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
I wanted to bump this thread and see after two years what are everyone’s thoughts on these testers and maybe get a link to purchase online

Couple of my favorite quotes.

" Bigger isn't better. Better is better"
" Working towards a sustainable future in agriculture "
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
don't buy MTC - Testers!

It is a good product, but they don't have anybody sitting anymore in their office in Winnipeg. If you want to get a service done or get it calibrated....it's a night mare. I talked to the dealer, where i bought it from and they sold a lot. They gave up on them, because if you are trying to get a hold of them, it is pretty much impossible. I could also not get anybody on the phone in their offices in the US and Brazil and i tried it numerous times over a few months.

Let's face it......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRu View Post
don't buy MTC - Testers!

It is a good product, but they don't have anybody sitting anymore in their office in Winnipeg. If you want to get a service done or get it calibrated....it's a night mare. I talked to the dealer, where i bought it from and they sold a lot. They gave up on them, because if you are trying to get a hold of them, it is pretty much impossible. I could also not get anybody on the phone in their offices in the US and Brazil and i tried it numerous times over a few months.
Wow good to know. Does anyone have any intel on the gac testers farmtronics sell

Couple of my favorite quotes.

" Bigger isn't better. Better is better"
" Working towards a sustainable future in agriculture "
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
We have an MTC as well and I can't get any support for it. It's readings are off by around 1% compared to our 919 and I can't get any info on how to update or calibrate it. Pisses me off since it's a nice unit.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
We have an MTC as well and I can't get any support for it. It's readings are off by around 1% compared to our 919 and I can't get any info on how to update or calibrate it. Pisses me off since it's a nice unit.
Those testers are made in China and there is another company in the US, who sells the same "Style" testers. I am wondering, if we might can send it to them and get it serviced.
Do you have this stye from MTC?
https://moisturetesters.com/farm-gra...isture-tester/

Let's face it......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
No, that's not what it looks like. The one we have is more compact and looks kind of like a pitcher.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page