Springland vs Norstar - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bmich

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Springland vs Norstar

Just wondering how they compare? Have Springland and they have been alright. I think it might be quicker. 11” vs 10” at least in the farm version. The Norstar commercial looks kick ass but I imagine the quote would be too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
All I have is Springland and have been satisfied. Am looking to get more bins and was at a Fellows place by Morris looking at his setup. He had Northstar and was happy with them. The one bin they built a bigger unit for him on a 48 ft bin. Runs it by hyd of his tractor since he is shy on elec power. Unloads into a 16" Farmking and say it keeps it full.

Something I learned looking at unloads is on the Springland when you go bigger than 42 ft you get 3 intermediate sumps rather than 2. The nice thing is the one crank works the center sump and the first intermediate sump but in sequence. You have to open center sump 50% before it starts opening the next one to it. Was told it helps with capacity but works really good when the center sump gets plugged then you can open the first intermediate without drawing from the sump next to the door and not putting a side load on the bin. From what the fellow at Morris told me apparently Northstar will build a 3rd crank to operate the inside intermediate sump. Think this could save a lot of grief.

bjtjjl likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Was looking on Northstar website. The option for the extra sump control is called Emergency Sump. Think the Northstar or Springland sump control is something all companies should have as std equip considering how many posts have been made on CF about plugged bin sumps and the grief with trying to get them unblocked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmich View Post
Was looking on Northstar website. The option for the extra sump control is called Emergency Sump. Think the Northstar or Springland sump control is something all companies should have as std equip considering how many posts have been made on CF about plugged bin sumps and the grief with trying to get them unblocked.
Simple fix to the plugging ..... cut the bars out, that’s what I’ve done on all my 25k bins.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
I would ask whoever uses bearings that are NOT made in China and buy from them...

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
We have a springland 8” power sweep in a bin. 10” auger has all it wants to keep up. As for any faster I am getting to the point where I don’t want to hurry that much. 20 minutes to put a 1000 bushels of corn on is ok by me
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Northstar sweeps have a few of them and they leave alot of grain up against the bin. Problem is they made a Grip wheel to drive sweep into the grain more. The gearbox tied to the grip wheel stick out past sweep leaving gap between bin and sweep. Also when the grip wheel turns it pushes grain back behind the sweep. Leaves alot of grain to shovel. Also the sweep is very slow , takes 45 minutes to load super B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page