Semi tractor spec help - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Early emissions was doing whole company’s in.

What truck is it??

Our ‘15 KW T800 day cab is 8050kg stamped on the door seal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
As Joe asked, what brand/model of truck is it and also wondering what drive axle suspension it happens to be equipped with.

post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Peterbilt 567 with Air Trac / Air Leaf suspension according to the spec sheet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 03:15 PM

I had to look that model up as there are so many models and configurations within Peterbilt trucks, what I wonder then with that listing for the suspension, to me that sounds like it has the leaf/air bag steer axle suspension system. I don't know anything about it but just that it exists and the idea is a better ride but still a stable platform according to the bits I have read that is. The rear makes sense with the air trac as that has been Peterbilts main heavy duty air ride for years now and one of my trucks has that and its made to be fairly stable so its not like trucks that feel your riding on a floppy marshmallow, the reason I say that is because of high loads on some air rides would not be so good. With it being that new of a truck it may have disc brakes as well, not sure what options are available to go to drum or disc these days since there would be more of a push all the time to go to disc brakes.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a couple of older Peterbilts with air trac suspension. They aren’t as smooth a ride as the air leaf but are more stable for high loads, as previously stated by northern farmer. Some guys would value that more than others
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 04:25 PM

Speaking of the ride I actually have two Petes, one with the drive axle air trac and the other has the air leaf and in all honesty hauling grain with either of them, I can't really detect much difference and in fact possibly due to a bit longer wheel base on the air trac unit, I think it rides slightly better, no worse for sure. Now low air leaf, that is probably a different story as I believe they were more designed to ride softer and not made with the ground clearance either. There are lots and I do mean lots of Peterbilt air trac suspension trucks in this part of Alberta and looking at the local dealership that is in large part what they bring in for a suspension.

I'd say also that those who might be from south of the boarder hear of thicker frames then they are used to and 46 rears and think its crazy but one has to keep in mind we don't live in the 80000 lb restricted surrounding and also need some toughness to take our less then desirable roads, and again large loads ( overloaded ) in soft fields etc
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Even here in the land of 80000 pound limits I would probably look for a heavier spec rear axle truck next time. We tend to be overloaded and operate in crappy conditions. We have broken leaf springs and differentials. We don’t haul enough for the added weight to amount to anything
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
I would say a truck specd like that would be geared more to severe off road duty, such as logging or oil field work. Not really needed for super B's or what most normal farmer would put it through. Those nut bars on Ice Road Truckers would be a good candidate for a truck like that!! lol

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
I would say a truck specd like that would be geared more to severe off road duty, such as logging or oil field work. Not really needed for super B's or what most normal farmer would put it through. Those nut bars on Ice Road Truckers would be a good candidate for a truck like that!! lol
I wouldnít say 3.91 gears are severe off road gears.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfarmer View Post
Itís old school thinking that you need 46s to pull super B. I donít know one truck company that has broken a 40 rear end pulling grain trailers or hauling hay.

You guys must have a lot better conditions to truck in than we have. We have blown more 40's than I can count and even killed a couple of 46's while hauling hay.

Northern Farmer likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page