Old Ford truck parts - Page 3 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Summit racing has some of the best stock and service in any industry, anywhere. I use them regularly for project car parts, and often find other stuff I need there. Fast and cheap shipping with FedEx. Jegs is a close 2nd. Any old v8. But right up to my 18 F150

Last edited by Orsy060; 03-13-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Well luckens sent the wrong one, and summit said to send it to cardone for rebuilding.

New question: it looks like it's the gasket that is leaking the most, so is there another block that shares the water pump ?(I can find the gasket fine it seems, but which one of 6? Trying to not pull it until necessary)

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Maybe try LMC truck parts? Haven't bought any old truck parts for a while and when I did it was mostly pickups. Don't know if they would have any idea about the gasket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Have a ford cabover. It's a 1961 and many yrs ago we needed to rebuild it. Had the engine apart and nobody could tell us what engine it was. Ordered parts from Ford for multiple different engines till we got gaskets to fit from different kits in different places. Could never get main and rod bearings for it that would fit. Had to send the crank and connecting rod for them to size them to match a fit. Swore that it would be the last Ford on the yard and still running today. Use it for screenings when the cleaner guy comes etc. I think it's the worst shifting mechanism ever built and very few could drive it. No syncro mesh and a sloppy gear shift to boot made it a real pain in the ass to drive. By the time you hit the next gear the truck lost its speed in the field and would power out lol.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
An old neighbour had one of those old Ford cabovers. He said shifting it was like holding a cow by the tail.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochia View Post
Well luckens sent the wrong one, and summit said to send it to cardone for rebuilding.

New question: it looks like it's the gasket that is leaking the most, so is there another block that shares the water pump ?(I can find the gasket fine it seems, but which one of 6? Trying to not pull it until necessary)
If it's just normal gasket material can't you just buy gasket paper and make it? I do it all the time
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
and very few could drive it. No syncro mesh and a sloppy gear shift to boot made it a real pain in the ass to drive. By the time you hit the next gear the truck lost its speed in the field and would power out lol.
Sounds about like my GMC tandem with the 454 and 13 speed, no power, a pain to shift, and can't seem to find a service manual for the carb. Area.

I we mostly run is older Fords and Internationals... Left us on the side of the road the least
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
I had the water pump go out on my 74 ford Louisville last spring that has a 391 with the long snout. Napa in town could get the short one but not the long one. He ended up contacting the company that Napa uses to rebuild water pumps and we sent it direct to them to be rebuilt. It was kind of a pain but that is my spray truck so had to get it fixed. I believe it was a company in Arizona if I remember right.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Kochia rather than screw with the old carb on your truck just put an edelbrock carb on it, I have done that to 3 of my trucks including the 74 ford. It ran so much better with that carb rather than the Holley it came with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page