Farmking 16x105 with rodono - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Find on my Farmking the shear pins break with the newer tractors with the electronic pto. The mechanical engage can run all harvest on one set of shear pins. I dont put the lock nuts in, just drop the shear bolts in, easier to change out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
I’d advise against tightening sheer bolts, just snug them and back off 1/2 to 1 turn. It’s true that they’re harder to break when tight, but it also transfers more of that abuse to either the tractor or auger. They can also be difficult to extract when tightened.

Even if you went through a box or two of sheer bolts and had to check them for tightness everyday, name a cheaper or easier to replace part on either the auger or tractor side.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
If you are breaking that many, I would say there is something wrong with the sheer bolt coupler thingy. (What would that piece be called anyways??) Maybe it's wore and has some wiggle room to it? In my whole life have only broke maybe 5?

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9520deere View Post
Find on my Farmking the shear pins break with the newer tractors with the electronic pto. The mechanical engage can run all harvest on one set of shear pins. I dont put the lock nuts in, just drop the shear bolts in, easier to change out.
Isnít there a way to set the pto to kick in easier with the new we tractors
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmiffy View Post
Isnít there a way to set the pto to kick in easier with the new we tractors
It's not the start it's the abrubt stop when it is shut off and the brake kicks on. Our new holland has a switch that keeps the brake from engaging so you can let it free wheel to a stop.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
I think you guys will find that if the shear pins are tight they don't break. If they wiggle loose it eventually leads to a failure. I generally snug mine up every little while, even though they are bolts with lock nuts they seem to need that. It has eliminated failures for me.
Keeping the shear bolts snug definately helps. I find that after a while the bolts get stressed and beat up some so I just change them out several times during harvest as insurance. Easy job to change on an empty auger while servicing unit vs midday with a plugged auger and a pile on the ground.

Having a tractor with the pto switch is defiantely harder on shear pins. Think the stopping with pto brake ias worse than the engagement. Might be worth deactivating the circuit for the pto brake so the unit coasts to a stop.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 701 Post(s)
I run a 16104 with 150pto hp and running the same shear pins for 4 years. If the bin is getting full Iíll run the tractor 1400eng rpm or lower and the tractor will stall every time.

As a farmer, you learn quick: ďYou donít get anything that you donít work hard forĒ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page