Farmking 16x105 with rodono - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
brs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Farmking 16x105 with rodono

R u able to hit both hoppers on a triangle grain trailer with one of these. And what about reliability of a farm king. Have only really had Brandt augers thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
brs

Tri axle not triangle grain trailer stupid auto correct.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2618 Post(s)
I have 45' Wilson two hopper triaxles and use a 16" Rodono and it works perfect. Highly recommend. And it's on a Farm King that replaced a Brandt. I see no reason to pay the premium for Brandt anymore, they have problems just as bad as anyone else and in my case worse.

Farm King makes the auger with the Rodono built in and it's surprisingly reasonable, I would look into it before they adjust their pricing...
hihi962 likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
What size tractor to run that swman?

Brent.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
I would ask if buhler has fixed the coupler joints inside auger on flighting Everyone I know that has ever augered any amount of though grain ends up with bolts breaking on coupling and plugging those augers but this is a few years ago so they could have fixed problems. Brandt and AGI have always used square couplings on flighting.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
On a side note, I would just like to mention how much I hate grain augers... such a simple device, flighting, tube, and bearings, yet these things, now matter how new, no matter what brand I try, always seem to fly apart constantly.

That is one piece of equipment on the farm we never trust, so we have complete back-up units ready to use. If anyone has a secret awesome auger speak up. One season, we even tried running them at 1500rpm, still pile up bearings.

Sorry to derail
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
brs

Usually run ours max 1800 engine rpm, when moving bin to bin unhook the PTO shaft and put in holder. Also if hitch isn't solid we use the implement Jack to get the driveshaft to run as little of angle as possible. Have had pretty good luck lately.
bfl2008 and brazil08 like this.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi962 View Post
On a side note, I would just like to mention how much I hate grain augers... such a simple device, flighting, tube, and bearings, yet these things, now matter how new, no matter what brand I try, always seem to fly apart constantly.

That is one piece of equipment on the farm we never trust, so we have complete back-up units ready to use. If anyone has a secret awesome auger speak up. One season, we even tried running them at 1500rpm, still pile up bearings.

Sorry to derail
What are you running through them? Gravel? I have 2 Brandts and an old Sakundiak with a million bushels through it. Most worry free equipment on the farm. Never run over 1500 rpm. They don't auger much faster if you do, just run rougher.
kevlar likes this.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Not to derail thread. But I'm curious how fast from truck stop to truck pulling away from auger does it take to unload a super b on a 16" auger with Rodono?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
I have never timed my 16 rodono, but once you buy one you will wish you had bought it sooner. So much easier and safer for all levels of drivers. Had a 12v wireless swing before and the rodono is way better.

Only thing to be careful of is that some trailers have the hoppers so close to the landing gear that you can only feed 1/2 of the swing auger so capacity is reduced.

A newer tractor with the remote pto switch on the rear fender really adds that final touch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page