Feedback/suggestions/questions on planned grain handling system. - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Re reading what I posted I would put as big of bins as practical close to your receiving/drying area. 30000 bu bins are a nice size. They are currently our 2 largest size but we only have 120000 bu of storage. Now I would have made them larger because they are the closest to the dryer. You are going at it the right way paper and questions are cheap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Today, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Might have to redraw it a little...

What are the thoughts on having multiple elevators/legs dump into one bin at the same time? Or having the ability to do this with all bins/drags

Is there such thing as a distributor (edited) that can go further down a leg instead of at the top of the elevator? Looking at that for the hopper bins. Or should it be at the top and have multiple elevators dump into it?

And to clear something up with me: elevator/leg, I get the elevator part, so I assume the leg is the pipe or other thing going from the elevator to wherever, correct?

Last edited by kochia; Today at 03:28 AM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Today, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
You can remote mount a circular distributor above the bins with a long down spout from one or more legs. I've seen it done on small older legs, say with 6in pipe coming out of a cleaning plant. If you wanted to do it with 10in+ pipe, it better have some sort of tower holding it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Today, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochia View Post

And to clear something up with me: elevator/leg, I get the elevator part, so I assume the leg is the pipe or other thing going from the elevator to wherever, correct?
In Canada I think the common term is a "grain leg" and around here an old term of the grain terminals is "the elevator"

So ya got the "leg" (elevator)that dumps into the "down spouts" (tubes)

[I hope I got that right... or everyone is really gonna be confused!]

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Today, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
It seems like a lot of your infrastructure planning is focused around a conglomeration of four individuals working together. I doubt if that stands any chance of lasting as long as what you intend to build. To be honest an operation this this size shouldn’t have any tandem trucks at all let alone a large fleet of them. The fact that four guys all want to drive a combine all the time and stop to dump into two dozen driverless trucks points to some serious unresolved issues. JMO

I think I know where there is an old pneumatic conveyor system dirt cheap if you have the stones to tear the pathetic thing down.

Last edited by Haystack; Today at 02:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in