Grain trailers that had been used for sand hauling - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Grain trailers that had been used for sand hauling

Has anyone bought a used hopper trailer that had been used for sand hauling (fracs)? Lots available being sold now but I hear the gates get worn out really fast with the abrasive. Are these oilfield throwaways or useable after a minor rebuild?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Are you talking about grain trailers that are used to haul frac sand or the purpose built trailers.

I used to haul frac sand from the mine with super B's. I know the slopes got replaced more than usual, as well as the tarp hoops. But I don't recall the slides wearing out faster than normal. I know that no matter the brand they where difficult to open. We hauled 72 tonnes but only went 80km/h with them so I don't recall the wear and tear on them being worse than normal.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Yes frac sand hauling with grain trailer. I read on their webpage that Doepker, or maybe it was Lode King, offered a different duty slide for the trailers that would be used for sand. But that is good they arenít getting too worn then. They must be selling a ton of trailers now that pneumatic trailers have largely been replaced with grain trailers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
I find it hard to believe that still use pneumatic trailers to fill the sand hog on leases. They use a conveyor to empty the hog when there done
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:04 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4579 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatking View Post
We hauled 72 tonnes
Of sand?!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Of sand?!
Sorry, that was gross weight. so approx 53 tonnes. We had to use a tireboss system which would deflate the tires to 60Psi when loaded, and set the max speed at 80.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page