Springland utl40 vs. Batco 2045 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Cd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Springland utl40 vs. Batco 2045

We're needing a new auger and split between the springland and a batco 2045. Our other auger is a meridian 10" and a couple 8's so needing something gentler on the crops and something faster as well just wondering opinions between the two

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Some testing showed that the UTL is barely any harder on soybeans than a conveyor. Grain on grain, with a little auger flighting damage vs impact damage from the top of a conveyor

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2715 Post(s)
If you already have augers I would get a conveyor. I have both but the conveyor is really nice for clean out and it doesn't take much power to run. It's amazing how fast even my 1545 can move phosphate, that's normally a job that takes forever with an auger! Conveyor is gonna be gentler for sure, not as big of a deal with soybeans but other pulses are more fragile.

Unless you have to move canola with it I think the conveyor is an easy choice.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Cd

That is kinda one thing I don't like about the way the springland looks for cleanout seems like it wouldn't be as handy either
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Cd, what crops do you handle?
If your a wheat/canola guy, then the springland is a better choice as it can be used for 100% of your loading versus just the wheat with a conveyor.

The conveyor is the king of versatility around the yard. The 15" belts are incredibly fast for loading out that some bins can't feed it to its potential. I use it exclusively in the spring for switching between products, transferring, or unloading/loading the drill.

Putting a camera on your load out auger/conveyor works very well, especially when loading trailers full.

Have you priced either recently? Seems conveyors have jumped in price considerably in the last year.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Cd

We don't grow much canola in the southwest here. Lots of pulses and durum/barley. Ya price is def a big difference $27000 for springland vs 42 for batco
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I`ve had my springland utl45 for 3/4 of a year now and am pretty with happy with it. Only dislike about it is the mover and that's not a big deal. Prefer the hawes mover. Conveyor is nice as it cleans out a 100% but there isn't much left when emptying the hopper on the utl. If needed to be reverse just loosen the wing nuts off the bottom the hopper and reverse and you might empty have half of a 5 gal pale of product out. Im from the SW as well and grow lots of pulses and it is very gentle on the seed. Gotta be on the ball when filling though, especially canola. I put a wifi camera on top by spout which helps quite a bit especially for my dad. Can fill super b's 14-18 mins, depending on product. Either way you can't go wrong with a conveyor or utl. Didn't really wanna shed out 27k on a unloading auger let alone 48k for a conveyor. But glad I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page