The Combine Forum banner

Grain Bin Roof Exhausters

7K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  DDF 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with exhaust fans mounted on top of bins to aid in aeration? I see there are some on the market.
Specifically I would like to try them on our cooling hopper bins. We dump hot out of the dryer into these bins, and always have condensation issues... maybe exhausting from the top would help?

#12 ·
If your dumping hot corn your best off buying larger fan and suckin the air out of the bin, make sure the bin has extra roof vents this actually blows the humid air out of the bin, we have had great succes in our steeping bin and have no more issues with corn sticking to the wall, but like i said need a lot of roof vents and double the hp on the fan, went from 5 to a reversed 10, we still empty hot bin and move to final storage

#15 ·
We installed bin exhaust fans on our steeping bins before corn harvest.
They certainly helped...I’m a little disappointed, but an improvement for sure.
This drying season was so cold any condensation that made it near the sidewalls of the cone would freeze. So I am expecting much better results in a move typical drying season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.