The Combine Forum banner

Batco 1545 Vs Brandt 1547

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Twix 
#1 ·
What is good or bad on these? Have run a 1545 batco for 3 years... biggest issue is the engine up high and servicing. Long control cables caused trouble. Booster cables stayed on machine all winter! Advantage of this was no fertilizer dust on engine. Also brandt has 4wheel drive now ... which would be great in any snow as my batco is very poor in any snow. Price is very similar.

#6 ·
I learned something on my Brandt the other day about capacity. I had been filling the hopper till it piled up about 8-10" and was very happy with its performance. By accident this fall I ended up flooding the hopper almost to the top and to my surprise the capacity of the conveyor increased by about 30%. Seems you need a really tall pile on the intake to put a deeper mat on the belt. It does plug easier on the transition from flat intake to angle portion so by careful. But wow incredible speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.