2015 Palouse Pics - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 26Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 02:07 AM
Senior Member
 
SWFarmService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Regent, SW North Dakota
Posts: 9,686
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Awesome pics!! I need to see that in person some day! What I would really like to see in person and learn more about is seeding that stuff, I dont know how on earth you guys raise such awesome crops on "mountains", incredible is the only words I can come up with


To bad them side hill combines dont have a way to lean the chopper or spreaders with the angle of the header, never thought about that till looking at the pics

Bluesman63 likes this.
SWFarmService is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 05:03 AM
Senior Member
 
chance2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Minitonas, Manitoba
Posts: 1,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
I enjoy looking at harvest pictures from your part of the country Ray. Always amazes me how those machines perform on those slopes. Not so sure I would want to pilot one on some of those hillsides, may have to have the factory plastic on the seat.

Bluesman63 likes this.

Living the dream,......one bushel at a time.
chance2 is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Senior Member
 
diggora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rochester, Vic
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Your mad enough harvesting the grain off those hill, but towing a baler as well - thats just showing off!
Bluesman63 likes this.
diggora is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
 
glennw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Washington
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
Awesome pics!! I need to see that in person some day! What I would really like to see in person and learn more about is seeding that stuff, I dont know how on earth you guys raise such awesome crops on "mountains", incredible is the only words I can come up with


To bad them side hill combines dont have a way to lean the chopper or spreaders with the angle of the header, never thought about that till looking at the pics
You ought to come see the country sometime. We have one visiting here now that asked about it a year ago on this forum and he is in the area for nearly two weeks enjoying the country. He said the pictures are nothing like real life. We have him scheduled to ride in all the brands of combines and seeing other farm operations as well as getting some fishing in down the road. He is doing this for his 70th birthday. He has a big grin on his face all the time.


As far as seeding just put the drill in and go and try to stay ahead of it usually works best. I hate when it tries to pass you.
gm, Bluesman63 and SWFarmService like this.
glennw is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Senior Member
 
jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: S. Sask
Posts: 2,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Wouldn't it be easier to farm in the valleys and leave trees up top on the higher hills.
jazz is offline  
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 09:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central AB
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
It's always cool to see pics from that part of the country. My dad and I took a bike trip through the eastern part of Washington in 2010 and its amazing to see where a combine can go. The farmers down there are more than happy to take you for a round or two.
Fingers is offline  
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: S. AB
Posts: 3,375
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Does the Gleaner in the picture have the hillside stuff on it?
torriem is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Senior Member
 
SWFarmService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Regent, SW North Dakota
Posts: 9,686
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennw View Post
You ought to come see the country sometime. We have one visiting here now that asked about it a year ago on this forum and he is in the area for nearly two weeks enjoying the country. He said the pictures are nothing like real life. We have him scheduled to ride in all the brands of combines and seeing other farm operations as well as getting some fishing in down the road. He is doing this for his 70th birthday. He has a big grin on his face all the time.


As far as seeding just put the drill in and go and try to stay ahead of it usually works best. I hate when it tries to pass you.
You have no idea how much I would enjoy that!

Only one prob, our seeding and harvest dates I believe line up almost exactly, if I could talk the old man into cutting back on wheat acres I would love to take ya up on that offer!

Thank you!
Bluesman63 likes this.
SWFarmService is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia County, WA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Does the Gleaner in the picture have the hillside stuff on it?
No hillside leveling on that Gleaner. There was one R72 demonstrator with a Hillco leveler on it about 15 years ago but I don't think it resulted in any sales. Glenn probably has more info on it. Here's a pic of Glenn operating the "Leaner Gleaner" demo unit around 1999 or 2000.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harv44.JPG (75.6 KB, 94 views)
Bluesman63 is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia County, WA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
Awesome pics!! I need to see that in person some day! What I would really like to see in person and learn more about is seeding that stuff,
Here's a couple shots I took last year of some hillside seeding above town.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5269.jpg (588.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5271.jpg (587.2 KB, 88 views)
cat man and SWFarmService like this.
Bluesman63 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome