3Likes
  • 2 Post By TeenageFarmer
  • 1 Post By TeenageFarmer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Fall and Winter Activities

So to try to show my friends all over the country what I do I've started taking videos so they can get a glimpse of what life is like on the farm. And I've found I really enjoy it, so I thought some people on here might like to see what my fall harvest and winter were like.

Our harvest went better than a lot of other people we've talked to, but it was still very challenging. We spent well into 5 digits on just our swather in breakdowns, and the combine wasn't far behind. My mom had the pleasure of being the first one to ever get this combine stuck (somehow we've made it through 7 harvests without hooking up) and tillage was a muddy/compacted nightmare. But yields were alright, the wheat took some big hits from storms at flag-leaf to heading which laid it flat and really cost us yield from the best stand we'd ever had (150bu+ lodged straw with 40bu/ac harvested) but soybeans were fantastic averaging just over 50 across the farm.

Once our work had wrapped up I did some other small jobs till our next door neighbor had his right-hand man take a medical leave of absence and needed someone to run truck... so now I have a wonderful winter job hauling manure up until now and will be hauling grain till seeding starts.

I know I always love to see videos of other farms and their equipment and land. Hope you enjoy these videos of what we do here.

blanchfarm and chance2 like this.

"Though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine. Though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren. Though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns lie empty. Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in the God of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:17-18

Last edited by TeenageFarmer; 01-15-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Figured I'd throw the last 2 videos up before we get going into our 2017 harvest

adsinaus likes this.

"Though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine. Though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren. Though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns lie empty. Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in the God of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:17-18
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice videos!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page