Got the ditching rig set up, had to post because by chance it matches so nice! - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Probably would be a good idea after its driven under power ( creating a water way ) to retorque the nuts.

I could see the ride suffering quite a lot over a low pressure quad tire but I don't imagine running typical dirt bike tire pressures would work, assuming they are fitted with tubes as the tires could be apt to spin on the rim if they hook up good as there are no rim locks like on dirt bikes. Slow turns and staying off side hills should keep it upright though !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSK View Post
Did you make the wheels yourself?
No, just bought them and bolted on article here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Now guys, not to be a wet blanket, but you have your permits, right???
Funny how I just happened to drive from slough to slough, didn't mean for the water to follow me... honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Probably would be a good idea after its driven under power ( creating a water way ) to retorque the nuts.

I could see the ride suffering quite a lot over a low pressure quad tire but I don't imagine running typical dirt bike tire pressures would work, assuming they are fitted with tubes as the tires could be apt to spin on the rim if they hook up good as there are no rim locks like on dirt bikes. Slow turns and staying off side hills should keep it upright though !
It's actually quite stable, because the machine still remains quite wide, as the offset on the stock wheels are really high, so there is really just all the rubber missing towards the inside of the quad. Actually should make for easier cleaning.
I tried out some donuts, and with all the ground pressure, it actually doesn't spin as easy as one would think. The knobs are quite aggressive.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Good point about the offset of wheels as some quads are more offset to the outside then others and would screw up the stability and for that matter the front to rear tire tracking.

Hopefully the tires have enough traction, there just isn't such a thing as huge tall knobs on bike tires or nothing run of the mill like that, on the other hand they weren't stupid and put on a dual purpose DOT tire that is useless in mud and would be pathetic for an application like this. I guess you will soon know when you "dive in" to a field.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page