The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Crop Production (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/23-crop-production/)
-   -   Micronutrients (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/23-crop-production/326733-micronutrients.html)

jazz 06-13-2018 08:59 PM

Micronutrients

So now that the crop is up and seems like its on its way, my sales rep is calling to pitch some snake oil. Talking about 2 micro-nutrient products - one called Awake and the other from Omex or something.

I used green with envy back in 2016 and I dont know if it worked or not.

Anybody consistently using these products and what do you put them on? Have you noticed any improvements at all?

Colin33 06-13-2018 09:16 PM

I've used all sorts of different ones I've had one gel a tank of.liberty (twice) I've used awaken as well mixed results all the test we did last year came back with no change on yeild or slight gains . The best results we've had is just adding more nitrogen

The_G 06-13-2018 11:39 PM

I believe where Green With Envy shines is it helps the crop grow through chemical stress. Or can help it recover from herbicide drift. I've seen guys spray it on their canola after it was injured from chemical drift and perked it right back up.

All the other micronutrients, it seems like a crap shoot. A good friend of mine calls it all monkey poop. Like the other poster said if you're going to spend $7/ac or whatever on this crap you should have put $7/ac more fertilizer on in the spring

Windmillfarms 06-14-2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin33 (Post 3252895)
I've used all sorts of different ones I've had one gel a tank of.liberty (twice) I've used awaken as well mixed results all the test we did last year came back with no change on yeild or slight gains . The best results we've had is just adding more nitrogen

X100, micro management pays when you can play for mother nature (irrigation and tile) if you dont use fert or a scraper.

We tried tonnes of omex **** and have mixed results, only thonggnhat paid for our time was topdressing, radiate on beans green with envy, soygreen, boron plus, sulphur pro etc etc, nothing ever had beat return on investment like a good ditching software and nh3 or 11-52

lynas 06-14-2018 03:46 AM

Sure, micro nutrients are very important, but there are lots of parasites selling gimmick products out there and for these product sellers it's a great game to be in because it's very difficult to prove conclusively whether a product works or not. They'll take your money regardless.
My advice:Stick with what you know works and ignore the rest!

woodytr99 06-14-2018 06:57 AM

Can they provide independent unbiased third party trial results? If they canít tell them to go **** themselves

Colin33 06-14-2018 07:48 AM

Has anyone done a feild trial of there own? We've done some unofficial stuff mostly because I didn't want to mess around with a check strip of untreated but ran two different products side by side one was awaken the other was maximum Npact the Npact had a greater Npact( yep I went there) . I have half a mind to do a feild test for myself . Do some straight 28-0-0 vs whatever the cps across the road has in the warehouse

helmach 06-14-2018 09:30 AM

Primers on conola at seeding, zinc in cereals especially durum at flower realy realy responds well, conola with boron at gly pre burn... still playing with that one and tpa on 11-52 is a game changer.

SouthernSK 06-14-2018 09:53 AM

Jazz I would not waste the money. Save the $10 and put $10 more phos on per acre to replace all the phos the canola sucks out of the ground. If you look at the removal rates most of us have not been putting enough phos back into the ground.

Transaxial 06-14-2018 10:51 AM

I believe the new Best sales office/warehouse in Camrose closed after only 2-3 years. But there will still be some believers!!