Wheat preharvest - Page 7 - The Combine Forum
 149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 01:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
I'm not being ignorant at all, you guys are on the wrong end of the spectrum, totally. Your backwards.

Go ahead, do a pre harvest 3 days after it comes out of the dirt...... no one cares or should care.

The problem lies 100% in the harvest interval and or over label rate.

I don't understand how anyone ever came to this conclusion too early mattered.
Think you are wrong on this. Itís from going in to early, the plant and kernels absorb way to much chemical. We donít think nothing of using dessicated wheat for seed. We just make sure we spray it on the late side. Doesnít effect germination then because the plant is basically shut down by then and not taking the chemical in.

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 03:07 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Think you are wrong on this. It’s from going in to early, the plant and kernels absorb way to much chemical. We don’t think nothing of using dessicated wheat for seed. We just make sure we spray it on the late side. Doesn’t effect germination then because the plant is basically shut down by then and not taking the chemical in.
If you "kill" a crop too early TW and FN is lost. I cant believe anyone would argue that. This is why it is on the label to protect Monsanto or who ever made the gly your using from liability's of your lost profit, that simple.

The interval "after" application is there for appropriate time for the glyphosate to weather.

It will not weather in a grain bin.

So two things your looking at here, #1. Above label rate, #2. Period between application and harvest.

aussie.ltd. likes this.

God Bless America

Last edited by SWFarmService; 07-12-2018 at 03:09 AM.
post #63 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8850Champion View Post
Still not sure if the original point of this thread was about following a label or philosophical in its purpose... As far as the "industry" goes I say Screw it! The current farming system is broken in my opinion. My high input farming is making the big 4 rich, ( Bayer, BASF, Syngenta, DOW-dupont), margins are small, and nutrient density in our crops has gone down over the last 50 years. (A. my better source for this statement may have to wait till tomorrow)

As far as glyphosate being the bad guy... More and more data is coming out that there are issues with it. For those of you that will say "where is the proof?"; Do you expect a woman in a bikini to hand you a research paper? Read "WHITE WASH" by Carey Gillam. She sources all of the dialogue and claims with hundreds of references at the back of the book. Painful to read, but informative.

I use Roundup as much as anybody, but I don't like it and want to get away from it.... way easier said than done.

(A) https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...utrition-loss/

Are you fricking kidding me.
Carey Gillam? Anti GMO activist run a muck?

Iíll settle for her in a white bikini and some real research data.

Surly someone has done trials to see if you actually can get above MRLís spraying to early?
8850Champion likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
If you "kill" a crop too early TW and FN is lost. I cant believe anyone would argue that. This is why it is on the label to protect Monsanto or who ever made the gly your using from liability's of your lost profit, that simple.

The interval "after" application is there for appropriate time for the glyphosate to weather.

So two things your looking at here, #1. Above label rate, #2. Period between application and harvest.
No one is arguing that spraying glyphosate to early won't lower yield and quality. Thats not the issue here. The issue here is residue levels. Your theory that residue levels are higher in wheat sprayed late just isn't true. Sorry. A ripe wheat plant just doesn't take the chemical in, it never makes it to the kernel.
bfl2008, Duchek, BrianTee and 2 others like this.
post #65 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2504 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Are you fricking kidding me.
Carey Gillam? Anti GMO activist run a muck?

Iíll settle for her in a white bikini and some real research data.

Surly someone has done trials to see if you actually can get above MRLís spraying to early?

Monsanto of course did to register glyphosate as weed control in a pre harvest situation when the crop was below 30% moisture, ie, the same time any desiccant would be applied when the plant is fully in senescence. I will see what I can get hold of.

The other problem is every country sets their own MRL, which could be 0 to whatever.

SWFarm, do a little research on phloem and zylem. Then all of this will make a lot more sense.
post #66 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Quote:

No amount of "weathing" will fully destroy the glyphosate down that got translocated into the kernels themselves when the plant is sprayed too green. The glyphosate that ends up in the kernels is detectable and possibly will be above the MRL. Even when the labeled rate is used and the preharvest interval is followed to the letter.
Quote:
Sure this reduces residues on the *outside* of the kernel. But like I said, even if the farmer does both of these things right, but sprays when the plant is too green, there will still be detectable residue, likely above MRLs.

Last edited by torriem; 07-12-2018 at 09:57 AM.
post #67 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
If you did that in OZ to Malt barley you could potentially end up owning a cell or cargo with a very large bill to go with it. At the moment its okay on feed barley unless they start turning up with MRL's too high in stockfeed. I for one would like to see a lot more data re time of spraying and resultant residue if any. And I say if any because I've not seen any data that says you do as yet.
Could be. I wasn't talking about barley though. That's a wheat field and as far as I know we were spraying it at the appropriate time according to label and have zero problems selling it anywhere we want to.
chance2 likes this.
post #68 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2504 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
Could be. I wasn't talking about barley though. That's a wheat field and as far as I know we were spraying it at the appropriate time according to label and have zero problems selling it anywhere we want to.

Well no you wouldn't have any problem unless you are shipping panamax's. Your local elevator doesn't care.

Was it below 30% moisture content?
post #69 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
I'm not going to waste my time with stupidity.

30% moisture is ripe! I harvest 30% moisture every year.
You would be an absolute retard to spray your 30% wheat because you could harvest in a day or two. Than you wait 10?

What is wrong with you guys? Read the label!

This subject has been beat to death here 10+ years ago by grain buyers and agronomists alike.

Think about this, read the label on grazing and haying restrictions.

If weather didn't break down herbicide residues nothing would even grow!

There would be no such thing as RR ready crops!

If you don't understand don't throw a whole bunch of stupid crap like this in the public eye!

I'm out, this shouldn't even be debated, it should be common sence!

God Bless America
post #70 of 145 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
don't' need science or proof. as soon as the general public gets it in their head that, instead of actual GMO, the process of spraying roundup on crops is poisoning their children and wives, and husbands...... say bye bye to desiccating with glypho.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page