Yields?? - The Combine Forum
 67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Yields??

Hi guys any yields to report out there ?? We are not having a stellar year for shure - wheat 35-40 oats 40 -100 flax 25-30 canola 25 - 60 . With the beans we are waiting for all the leaves to drop as there is a lot of green leaves yet -- the odd thing that is happening around here is green seeds that aren't " lima beans " they are almost the same size or a bit bigger but they are all green inside and out but are down to 6% moist . Some fields are 40% green and it seems like you won't get rid of the green with a rain I am told . It was suggested that fields seeded in rows were worse than solid seeded . Just finished hauling 6000 bushels of last years stuff that had no greens -- receiver was all happy but let him know that if we have some greens what to do about turning a blind eye at least until it is mixed out . Seems like 4% is the max . Guess all thoese fields that should still be nice and green but are a whitish brown have died rather than ripened !!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Better then last year. Enough that a guy can afford to do it all over again.

Week Men Create Hard Times
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
We’ve had a good year so far. Beans are going to be a wait and see story. Faller wheat 84 bu. 13:4 protein.3 vom and 67-68 lb a bushel. Canola 54. A lot of seed too small the hold in the combine so fields are embarrassingly green. Oats 125 bushel weight of 42. Lucky as far as rain went. Caught barely enough at the last minute to keep things going TIL the next rain. Beans needed 2 more inches in August but still look reasonable. Take this year over excessive rain any day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 02:33 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Here its location, location, location.
Lucky wheat is very good
Canola is good but nothing I'm going to jump up and down about
Garbs are average
Safflower is poor
Soybeans lucky to make 20.

Pretty lucky as very few miles in either direction the crop is poor at best.
Lots of water in may/June, none since and bountiful heat.

God Bless America
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
It’s these awful prices of All commodities we should be concerned about. Small crop bad prices could make for an interesting winter/spring ahead. Inputs are on the rise, fert already is gone ballistic compared to last yr. We have to raise a big crop with these prices to even stay afloat, unfortunately some have had very poor yields.
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 11:09 AM
jvw

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Locally, in far west central AB, I just ran the first sample yesterday. CPS looks to be 25% less than last year. Very disappointing, but not surprising, considering we have had under 25% of normal precipitation since seeding, and extreme heat. Other local pockets that managed a few extra thundershowers look much better, and some worse. Some late seeded crops are a complete disaster.

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
HRS wheat right at 80 bushels, 65 lbs and 14.5% protein. Canola between 45 and 50. Beans between 40 and 45. Bean harvest about 3 weeks earlier than last year for me. If the beans had got another 2" in 3rd week of July they would have done much better. We had about 9.5" during the growing season. A lot of undeveloped soybean seeds. But overall a good year. No mud is reason to celebrate!!!

Last edited by Cleancut; 09-08-2018 at 11:20 AM.
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
I'm also in southern Mb. but on top of the escarpment so different conditions than Cleancut. Brandon wheat ran 68 (personal best for HRS). I've only done one protein so far, and it was on faded wheat after a rain, but it was only 12.5% so a little disappointing, but it doesn't look like much for protein adjustments this year anyway. Canola ran 48 but had hail on the swath, so it would have been in the 50's. 2 weeks in the swath so no green. Still too much green in the beans to try them, but I had 30 acres on sand that are pretty much barbequed. Hoping the rest will hit around 40. Good year for stones... grew lots of them...
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
Good year for stones... grew lots of them...
I'm still waiting for someone to make a spray for them. I have plans to buy stock in the company that holds the patent.
chance2 likes this.
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Yields around here that I've been hearing seem to be mostly from the mid 50's and up for HRS and anywhere from the mid 30's to mid 50's for canola. This year the moisture holding capacity of the land and being under the right spotty thunderstorm made all the difference. A huge swath around here got hit very hard with hail also which didn't help. Considering the extreme heat, general lack of rain and some major hail storms the crops are yielding surprisingly well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in