Bayer VR Pricing - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
I did a paid survey on this crap awhile ago. Generally in paid surveys I pay very little attention to the questions/answers and opt to complete them in the quickest manner possible. I only remember this one because because some of the available answers were nearly verbatim as what's in the article.
Hehe sounds like my stats can survey

Sir what do you have seeded this year

Me. 10,000 acres of Soya Beans (thereís none in area for 200 miles)

What else sir

Me. 1000 acres of Rice

Sir.....I canít find it listed in my data base

Me. Skip it, also have 5000 acres of Corn to combine (200 plus miles to find that).

Sir. What moisture do you plan on taking that off at.

Me. (Had to put my beer down and scratch my head, I know nothing about corn). Yes I was having a beer they phoned at 6.30pm. I told them 20% and would dry it down.

Thank you sir for doing the survey.

I hate stats can, dicks phoned me 5 times

Week Men Create Hard Times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Barn
Sounds like the asshats at the USDA, they screwed us pretty good today.... again.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeereboy View Post
and there goes all the bragging of high yields. pretty easy to fool fieldview cause all the data is based off of your combine.
If your field isn't yielding enough just set the crop type in the computer to oats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
What Bayer(and presumably other companies not long after) don't understand it they should not be entitled to participate in the upside benefit of their product because they aren't participating in the RISK of growing the crop. Sure they say you might be refunded a part of the purchase price of the product, but I guarantee they aren't going below their cost of production on it! They are also not participating in: applying it properly and all that involves, as well as doing all the other field operations in a timely and proper manner to protect those input investments for Bayer.

So like always the farmer takes all the risk and the parasites at the trade shows scheme on how to get an ever larger slice of the pie. I like Bayer and they have a lot of great products, but sell them to me and then get lost. If a farmer falls for this then it's just plain stupid IMO. Whatever the risk of failure from a fungicide not working is a minor risk that any farmer should be more than prepared to take, but letting these big seed and chem companies into our balance sheet in an ever increasing manner with zero risk to them is something modern agriculture might not survive.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who in their right mind would participate in this. Are they going to have Bayer reps come out and audit your bins after harvest? How will they be able to prove that an application was responsible for all yield gain? Couldn't you argue that theres too many other factors at play in a crop, ie like the real reason my canola yielded more wasn't the proline it was because I waited so long to swath the kernels filled out more?

I also guarantee this risk reward program works the exact same as protein on wheat... Less yield= return of $.15 per bushel to the farmer, more up to 10bu/ac= pay Bayer $1.00 per bushel.
F**K THAT.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Another thing I thought of last night after posting is that are we supposed to leave a check-strip on every field to verify products working/not working? Obviously this isn't going to work for weed spray and limited value for even fungicide as most of us know better than to leave an unsprayed check. Might work to get someone started on a higher input strategy but that's it.

The more I think about this the more it seems ridiculous. Kinda reminds me of the whole stacked canola trait they tried to pull a few years back. Fortunately they backed down on that one and hopefully this gets shown the door too...

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2677 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
Sounds like the asshats at the USDA, they screwed us pretty good today.... again.
NO SHlT!

Started arguing with people years ago that there is nothing supply and demand about the futures market, commodity prices are fully regulated by the federal government via the USDA

Funny, its taken till now for people to notice
Combine Pilot and kevlar like this.

God Bless America
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
NO SHlT!

Started arguing with people years ago that there is nothing supply and demand about the futures market, commodity prices are fully regulated by the federal government via the USDA

Indigo ag projecting a 12 billion bushel corn crop, 155 bpa yield and a short 80 million acres, shortest crop since 2012. I've said before the USDA does not want another run away market like they had in 2012 and they're going to try to stop it. They kicked the can to January where they can produce a significantly reduced number and show planting intentions for 2020 really high and control the market yet.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meritmat View Post
Hehe sounds like my stats can survey

Sir what do you have seeded this year

Me. 10,000 acres of Soya Beans (thereís none in area for 200 miles)

What else sir

Me. 1000 acres of Rice

Sir.....I canít find it listed in my data base

Me. Skip it, also have 5000 acres of Corn to combine (200 plus miles to find that).

Sir. What moisture do you plan on taking that off at.

Me. (Had to put my beer down and scratch my head, I know nothing about corn). Yes I was having a beer they phoned at 6.30pm. I told them 20% and would dry it down.

Thank you sir for doing the survey.

I hate stats can, dicks phoned me 5 times

So YOU'RE responsible for screwin' up the markets yesterday!!!
meritmat likes this.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post

Hmm, what a strange conspiracy theory. I've heard some good ones in my time. I'll have to remember this one.

We've been over this one before. If not for the futures market, what other mechanism for future delivery price discovery would you propose?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page