pro farmer crop tour - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bradw2

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
pro farmer crop tour

A USDA-NASS employee was threatened on a Iowa farm. Security has been increased ! Interesting tour for sure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Sad state of affairs but it's really not that surprising.

The USDA reports that everyone knows are complete lies harm a lot of people financially. Someone will eventually snap.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1493 Post(s)
Barn
Wasn't me!

I guess I thought it was on an Illinois farm but may have misheard.

I'd like to know the context of the threat which seems to be kept awfully quiet. Was a USDA/NASS guy threatened himself for the bogus reports or did they wonder onto the "wrong guys" land without permission and were threatened.

The PFT is interesting to watch but could be handled much better. I this day and age it would only take a few minutes to track down landowner/tenet and get proper permission to access property. It would go over much better than trespassing onto someones land and stealing their property. Minor in the scope of events but some have a low trigger point.

Edit: Correction: Just saw that it was Around Corralville, IA.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.

Last edited by cptusa; 08-22-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken do View Post
A USDA-NASS employee was threatened on a Iowa farm. Security has been increased ! Interesting tour for sure.
Question for Captain USA
Do you agree with the yield estimates for Soybeans on the pro farmer tour. According to my market information they are too high. How is the bean crop filling. Is there still 46 bushel crop out there. I heard some beans have not podded yet. September is starting out pretty cool and thought some heat is still needed. What are your thoughts on the bean and corn crop thus far. Is frost a real concern. Our prime minister here in Canada really screwed our canola and soybean markets and was wondering if the US crop is struggling even if demand is down should a guy apply a call option to his bean contracts. Was reading this morning Argentina is starting too plant their bean crop, and China is hoping for a bumper crop out of Brazil and Argentina. You Know it was just one year ago Canada was in China s good books. If we get four more years of Justin trudeau I honestly don't know what market we will have left.
very FRUSTRATING, When governments stand in the way of supply and demand.
To bad about the threatened USDA -Nass EMPLOYEE, but I am sorry if the crop tour results are anything like our AG CANADA crop surveys they are a joke and not to be taken seriously!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
[

The PFT is interesting to watch but could be handled much better. I this day and age it would only take a few minutes to track down landowner/tenet and get proper permission to access property. It would go over much better than trespassing onto someones land and stealing their property. Minor in the scope of events but some have a low trigger point.

not only to get permission but just to know whats going on in the field. you don't know if a plane had been there that morning spraying insecticide or not....
shmiffy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page