Horizontal well - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Horizontal well

I was reading an article a few month ago about the company in Mi that dug in (like a ditch witch not plow in) horizontal irrigation wells. It looked a lot like drainage tile, and their machine could dig it in up 30ft deep.
Has anyone ever been around one of these wells, seen them, anything???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 PM

Re: Horizontal well

Been around a few wells. Yes it is basically a large drain, usually 8 inch, tile but put down alot lower. They are set in the 20 to 30 ft range sometimes deeper. Most people so far have used a centrifugal pump to pull out of it with any where from 400 to 900 gallons per minute. Some people have pumped there wells dry. This depends on the area and the water table that year. They said that is was later in the year and after 4 hours of watering. 2 ways of pumping out of the J pipe. one is to stick a suction tube down into the middle of it and lift the water. The other is to pull the entire 8 inch tube into the pump and cone it down. Many where put in but recently the company realized they need to file for a permit to do it now in Wisconsin. So it slowed them down some. One person said that he could put in 6 trenched wells for price of one regular well in his area since water is in the rock and somewhat deep if any at all. I have been told if the wells don't produce they can simply dig it up and add more tube. They start out with a trench of about 200 ft or so.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Is it a special "tile"???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 06:21 PM

from what I have seen its just a plastic corrugated pipe with a filter sock over it 8 inch usually.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Yup we have quite a few of them, have had good luck with them. I believe the place you r talkin about is Dewind Dewatering. They r a lot more cost effective than a deep well.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 09:55 PM

Hey guys I am the GM for Dewind Dewatering, the standard norm. for the tile wells is around 400' now and the tile is a heavy duty pipe that we have specially made for us through one of our distibutors. We do a site test before install to ensure the productivity and soil conditions. Yes permits are required but that has not stopped us from offering farmers a cost effective solution to getting water.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 PM

They were just down at our place on wednesday and put two more in for us. They do good work.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 12:57 AM

I'm in south Louisiana and the water table is normally 5-7 feet. I need about 30 gallons per minute. how deep should i go down and how many feet of horizontal well should i expect to put down. Thanks so much for any help Lester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in