The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Irrigation Equipment (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/24-irrigation-equipment/)
-   -   Pierce pivot quality (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/24-irrigation-equipment/328179-pierce-pivot-quality.html)

thebean 08-31-2018 02:44 PM

Pierce pivot quality

Anybody have experience with Pirece Irrigation equipment? Putting a new centre pivot in and would like some info on these. Sounds like they use many of the same components as Valley. Pricing Zimmatic, Valley and Pierce.

thanks

nosworc 09-13-2018 08:55 AM

lotsa pierce machines out here ..I have 3 plus 2 valley and a t&l linear. I wouldn't put up anything but a pierce if buying new. well built machines.

1972RedNeck 09-13-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosworc (Post 3273217)
lotsa pierce machines out here ..I have 3 plus 2 valley and a t&l linear. I wouldn't put up anything but a pierce if buying new. well built machines.

Good to hear. Been intrigued by Pierce machines for awhile and have often wondered if they would sell direct to me for cheaper since there are no dealers in the area....

thebean 09-16-2018 11:18 AM

That is good to here. New dealer here pushing them. Quite a bit cheaper.

NCRC5315 09-16-2018 12:20 PM

Zimmatic would be my first choice, then Valley. The first Zimmatic ever installed, is still running. That should say something. I have never seen a Pierce

wangus 10-29-2018 10:01 PM

like everything else in farming, you get what you pay for. I have pierce, zimmatic and valley machines. you wont beat valley quality, zimmatic is a close second, pierce is a very distant third

LoCo 10-30-2018 08:48 AM

I have run Zimmatic in the past (sold the farm) have Reinke and Valley now (Linears and Circles) and rented a TL linear. They are all pretty good and I wouldn't be afraid of any of them. I considered a Pierce a few years ago and looked at them pretty hard. I'm pretty sure the Pierce are an identical copy of the Valley 6000 system which has since been replaced by the 8000. I'm pretty sure the the 6000 was heavier than the current 7000.

I have several 6000's which are solid machines.

I'm pretty sure they even use the same wiring color combinations which is also a plus to a Valley guy.

I liked Pierce because of the interchangeability they were selling me. I have a good Valley dealer and my Pierce dealer are good people but can't sell much because of the strong competition.

Ultimately, I stayed with Valley because I wanted my panels to all be the same. I have a couple Reinke's and the way their computer panel logics through things is just enough different than a Valley that it is a challenge on occasions.

Didn't help that the price difference ended up amounting to a couple candy bars.

wangus 11-01-2018 11:25 AM

in regards to my last post I will also say this; every machine will work good, some will last a little longer than others but the most important thing is going with the brand that has the best dealer support, parts and service. there is nothing more frustrating than a dealer with no service techs, and very few parts

Noahoscar986 06-03-2019 01:47 AM

No dear I dont have any experience about it, but I read all above comments and I found all of them very helpful.