Pierce pivot quality - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pierce pivot quality

Anybody have experience with Pirece Irrigation equipment? Putting a new centre pivot in and would like some info on these. Sounds like they use many of the same components as Valley. Pricing Zimmatic, Valley and Pierce.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
lotsa pierce machines out here ..I have 3 plus 2 valley and a t&l linear. I wouldn't put up anything but a pierce if buying new. well built machines.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosworc View Post
lotsa pierce machines out here ..I have 3 plus 2 valley and a t&l linear. I wouldn't put up anything but a pierce if buying new. well built machines.

Good to hear. Been intrigued by Pierce machines for awhile and have often wondered if they would sell direct to me for cheaper since there are no dealers in the area....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is good to here. New dealer here pushing them. Quite a bit cheaper.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Zimmatic would be my first choice, then Valley. The first Zimmatic ever installed, is still running. That should say something. I have never seen a Pierce
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
like everything else in farming, you get what you pay for. I have pierce, zimmatic and valley machines. you wont beat valley quality, zimmatic is a close second, pierce is a very distant third
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have run Zimmatic in the past (sold the farm) have Reinke and Valley now (Linears and Circles) and rented a TL linear. They are all pretty good and I wouldn't be afraid of any of them. I considered a Pierce a few years ago and looked at them pretty hard. I'm pretty sure the Pierce are an identical copy of the Valley 6000 system which has since been replaced by the 8000. I'm pretty sure the the 6000 was heavier than the current 7000.

I have several 6000's which are solid machines.

I'm pretty sure they even use the same wiring color combinations which is also a plus to a Valley guy.

I liked Pierce because of the interchangeability they were selling me. I have a good Valley dealer and my Pierce dealer are good people but can't sell much because of the strong competition.

Ultimately, I stayed with Valley because I wanted my panels to all be the same. I have a couple Reinke's and the way their computer panel logics through things is just enough different than a Valley that it is a challenge on occasions.

Didn't help that the price difference ended up amounting to a couple candy bars.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
in regards to my last post I will also say this; every machine will work good, some will last a little longer than others but the most important thing is going with the brand that has the best dealer support, parts and service. there is nothing more frustrating than a dealer with no service techs, and very few parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page