LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
We have sandy soil

I'm still dreaming of something that works as well as pneumatic tires.

Take a look at Circle C wheels. My first thought is that they must be nuts, but I just bought a set that we will be trying out.

https://circlecequipment.com/equipme...igation-wheels

They claim that as long as your soil isn't sticky, the wheel will still sink, but as it moves on, it drops all the dirt back in the track. The best part is, if you buy a set and don't like them, they will buy them back at full price.

torriem likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:56 AM

Location: North of west palm beach FL and where you all want to visit
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prohay View Post
Quote:
My only concern with foam in a tire is how to attach the tire so it won't spin on the rim.
Looks like it would do the same as air pressure , enough to make it seat on the bead tight . I bet I do 12-14 flats a year on systems and there has to be a better way . Poly wheels here will slick over easy and my mud lugs dont fit them .
Wow why so many flats we dont hardly ever mess with our irrigation systems other than servicing the motor

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 810 Post(s)
How many pivots do you run? Flat tires of are bane of every pivot owner in my area! The more pivots the more flats. The local tire shop has pretty continual business fixing pivot tires all season (replacing... flat pivot tires are usually wrecked). We lose about 10-12 tires a year, and maybe half a dozen gearboxes. And we're not unusual.

It's possible that a tire pressure monitoring system could make a big difference. If we can catch them before they go flat we could save them. We've tried checking them all in the spring but that seems to make no difference to the number of flats, and the job takes a very long time (there are a lot of tires out there). Sometimes I've had a tire go flat a week after checking it. Maybe we need to replace valve cores ever few years. they probably get leaky as they age.

Talked to a tire shop today and they mentioned they've tried filling pivot tires with foam and found that they became too hard and would sink in and make deep ruts quite quickly.

Let us know how the circle C wheels work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
How many pivots do you run? Flat tires of are bane of every pivot owner in my area! The more pivots the more flats. The local tire shop has pretty continual business fixing pivot tires all season (replacing... flat pivot tires are usually wrecked). We lose about 10-12 tires a year, and maybe half a dozen gearboxes. And we're not unusual.

It's possible that a tire pressure monitoring system could make a big difference. If we can catch them before they go flat we could save them. We've tried checking them all in the spring but that seems to make no difference to the number of flats, and the job takes a very long time (there are a lot of tires out there). Sometimes I've had a tire go flat a week after checking it. Maybe we need to replace valve cores ever few years. they probably get leaky as they age.

Talked to a tire shop today and they mentioned they've tried filling pivot tires with foam and found that they became too hard and would sink in and make deep ruts quite quickly.

Let us know how the circle C wheels work out.
We have 16 across land that we take care of and so far knock on wood have not had a flat on one in 4 years now
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Wow you are very lucky! Wonder if the cold winters has some affect.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Wow you are very lucky! Wonder if the cold winters has some affect.
Or could it be yall walking in circles where we walk in stright lines down here
torriem likes this.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 01:33 AM
None

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Huge difference in tyres on pivots Vs laterals in my area. (As in flats) Don't know why.
And there's a shipload of both types of irrigators here on many different soil types........
torriem likes this.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page