Mach 2 pivot tires - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mach 2 pivot tires

I am looking for Mach 2 center pivot tires. I bought some two years ago and love them. I am looking to replace all my tires with them so I never have to replace a tire again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:03 PM
Carn the Cats

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Can you post a pic of what these look like please. Have a pivot that needs some attention with the tyres also.......

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I have a few 11.2x38's on , I have 8 in my barn I bought 5 years ago of so . Here they will slick over like any other tire but no flats, bolts must be tight or they will slip .

The most dangerous liars are those who think they are telling the truth .............The naked truth is better than any best dressed lie .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Barn
What kind of soil do you have? Those suckers leave ruts like no other.

Just bought a set of Circle C wheels to give a try on our silty soils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:31 PM
Carn the Cats

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
This shits me.

And then the pivot Jack wouldn't work

And then there were the flies.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (3.84 MB, 15 views)

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:42 PM

You guys ever use or heard about MUD LUGS ? on stuck pivot towers .

The most dangerous liars are those who think they are telling the truth .............The naked truth is better than any best dressed lie .
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Had about 8 tires similar to the mach 2 tires a few years ago. Every one failed within two years. They would crack open and mud and water would get in. They get very heavy when full of mud! We have sandy soil, and they made horrible ruts. also they would slip on the rims.

I'm still dreaming of something that works as well as pneumatic tires. I think this year we had to replace almost 12 tires in total at $400 a pop. A fair chunk of change. Doesn't seem to matter if we check all the tires in the spring or not. I think the shape of a pneumatic tire works the best for traction and ruts. Wondering if a foam-filled tire would work. Might have to try filling at tire with foam sometime.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Had about 8 tires similar to the mach 2 tires a few years ago. Every one failed within two years. They would crack open and mud and water would get in. They get very heavy when full of mud! We have sandy soil, and they made horrible ruts. also they would slip on the rims.

I'm still dreaming of something that works as well as pneumatic tires. I think this year we had to replace almost 12 tires in total at $400 a pop. A fair chunk of change. Doesn't seem to matter if we check all the tires in the spring or not. I think the shape of a pneumatic tire works the best for traction and ruts. Wondering if a foam-filled tire would work. Might have to try filling at tire with foam sometime.

There is a outfit in Dalhart TX that foams them , I would love to foam them all .
torriem likes this.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
My only concern with foam in a tire is how to attach the tire so it won't spin on the rim.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
My only concern with foam in a tire is how to attach the tire so it won't spin on the rim.
Looks like it would do the same as air pressure , enough to make it seat on the bead tight . I bet I do 12-14 flats a year on systems and there has to be a better way . Poly wheels here will slick over easy and my mud lugs dont fit them .

torriem likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page